Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the bagster/baglux tank bag combo is so good, I end up liking it more than my magnetic tankbag especially since it holds a lot more.

Sadly, over the winter I lost one of the pieces that holds it to my tank. I called where y I got it from, CIMA International in Aurora (Party on Wayne!), and asked about this little widget strap. I think it was the owner based on how he was speaking to me, he personally walked out back and found one and mailed it to me for free. Not only that but he still had my mailing info from when I got it and looked it up based on my number in caller ID. All I had to do was say "I need this" and he was stuffing it into an envelope.

I just wished I lived in Illinois so I could give this guy my daily business, outstanding service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hatchetman,
I've never heard of Bagster bags before and your post intrigues me since I'm on the hunt for the perfect tank-bag! Their website: http://www.bagster.com/en/ doesn't really explain how the non-magnetic tank bags actually afix to the tank. Can you explain and or provide some pictures? Thanks!

Cheers
RandyB (aka the Angry German)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hatchetman,
I've never heard of Bagster bags before and your post intrigues me since I'm on the hunt for the perfect tank-bag! Their website: http://www.bagster.com/en/ doesn't really explain how the non-magnetic tank bags actually afix to the tank. Can you explain and or provide some pictures? Thanks!

Cheers
RandyB (aka the Angry German)

Tank cover fits over tank with strap around headstock and strap under tank. Cover has 4 quick release fixing points, bag clips to these. many different sizes and combinations of bags available - they even do one for carrying small pets...
protect your tank, look good, give you grip for your knees

PS pics of two other bikes with covers in my album

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would think there is a hole in the tank cover. You simply unclip the front, rear or one side pair of buckles and flip the tank bag out of the way.

I have long admired these systems but, I live and ride in an environment where there is a lot of sand in the air and would be concerned about sand building up under the cover and then causing problems for the paint. Face shields only last about 6 months where I live before they become too crazed to use at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts