Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have to type this quietly so's not to upset my T3 Trident!

Tomorrow I pick up a 2005 995i Tiger in British Racing Green (the fastest colour!).
One of the first mods (Farkles, what a lovely descriptive word) is to fit a Bagster Baglux Tank cover, I have the 'ALPHA' bag which I use on the T3, but have a feeling it's too big for the Tiger.
Could some kind sole give me the measurements between the fixing points, width wise and front to back of the Tiger cover, to see if the 'Alpha' will fit.

What do other Tiger owners use?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You need the Dzeta (see here). I find the Tiger tank is high enough already so I just use the map case, which has a pocket underneath big enough for sunglasses, mobile phone, doscuments etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It fits

Hi Tripeed

Your alpha bag will fit I use one on my 2003 Tiger Baglux fixings universal.
It is a big bag and does slightly obscure the bottom of the instruments or most of them if extended!
I’d get your cover and use your alpha bag and see how you get on.

SteveH

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks oldbanker2004

Hi Tripeed

Your alpha bag will fit I use one on my 2003 Tiger Baglux fixings universal.
It is a big bag and does slightly obscure the bottom of the instruments or most of them if extended!
I’d get your cover and use your alpha bag and see how you get on.

SteveH
Hi Steve, Thanks for the info, I have just ordered one. Will try the Alpha on it. I'm not worried about seeing the intruments, usually to busy watching the road ahead (or the totty!)

picked the bike up this morning, temp guage in car on way to dealers minus 2! Tilt!
rode home the long way, arrived cold but with the biggest cheesiest grin you've ever seen, think I'm gonna love my 'big stripey' or what ever their affectionately known as.

Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tripeed, you probably already know this but the Tiger (especially the superior '05 green ones :)) ARE ON THE TOP HEAVY SIDE. By all means try the Alpha bag, but you might find it WAY too big. I opted for the more "portable" City-Trail tank bag. That and the Dzeta are really the best suited for the Tiger...

Have a look at the photos in my signature link to see how the City-Trail bag looks on our superior green Tigers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I originally fitted the dzeta, but found it was to large and got in the way.

I have since bought a city trail and it is much better.

If you need a large tank bag the dzeta is the way forward, but the city trail is much better for everyday use.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts