Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some decals off Rexxy. Looks really good. Pleased with the new Carbon pipe too. :-D

Kev

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do you have problems getting moisture under the cover and clouding the paint? Or is it easy enough to remove that its not an issue?

Looks very good!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best bit about buying a second hand bike, is that some other bug#er has shelled out for all the goodies :-D

The bike came with genuine Triumph Double Bubble screen, Bellypan, and carbon look hugger. This hugger is the only one to get as it slots forward onto the swinging arm, and also extends below the swinging arm.

Kev

[ This message was edited by: Thefallenone on 2007-01-13 11:52 ]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bike looks great, Kev. I fancy these decals for my Baglux although your black one is a better colour match than my yellow version. When you say you got them from Rexxy, I presume that's Rexxypup from this forum?

Chillerguy, I don't have any problems with dampness under the tank cover. I do occasionally remove it and polish the tank.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I took the cover off to wipe the sides with nail varnish remover (acetone) It was a little damp underneath but not too bad. The tank polished up again quickly. I put the cover in the airing cupboard (do you guys call it this - the place where your hot water storage cylinder is???) to dry and warm it up prior to fitting it back on the tank, and applying the decals.

The decals did indeed come from Rexxypup.

Kev

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Hi Kev,

they look real nice. Good colour for the bike too. I'll always be a blue man though!

I do have a couple of sets left...

1 pr Black (perfect for the silver 05+)
1 pr White (good for most dark colours)

I have to say that the chrome/silver ones on Kev's bike really go well.

If there is enough interest, I'll get some more done.

Rexx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts