Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I purchased my 06 Sprint used and looked at all the obvious things.. tires, body, oil, general condition, etc... It was near perfect! or so I thought; I get home and try and reset the trip odometer, IT WON'T RESET :mad::mad:... is there a trick to this.. I have tried every combination, read the manual, still no reset. I end up having to disconnect the battery, and that just stinks..

HELP

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you may be old, but you aint dumb

PS: where do you ride in Florida

we were out riding on Sat

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats right before Clewiston.. at the Indian Reservation right off of Snake Road.. the only curved road in Fl :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pitty you just have small Alligators there and not real Estuarine Crocs like we have!:D

Well you might have em I don't know to be honest:eek:

DaveM
Hey Dave,
Im sure there are some huge monster gators swiming around in the everglades swamp.. the live one was around 13'... the stuffed one was over 15' :eek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'll see you on the road Lino. That is our regular Sunday run down Snake road. You are right, it is the only curvy road in South Florida if not all of Florida.

·
Registered
503 Posts
P.S. The waitresses are rude at the Billy Swamp safari restaurant. We stopped going there for breakfast.

·
Premium Member
24,235 Posts
Sorry for the hijack............but

Hey Dave,
Im sure there are some huge monster gators swiming around in the everglades swamp.. the live one was around 13'... the stuffed one was over 15' :eek:
I thought you might be interested:

Australian saltwater crocodiles are the largest reptile in the world in terms of mass (can be over 1000kg), and the largest crocodile with a confirmed measurement.
The males can reach a length of up to 6 or 7 metres (2.5 to 3m for females), though such a size is rare.
That is 22.95 feet long

Here is the link;
http://www.outback-australia-travel-secrets.com/saltwater-crocodiles.html

DaveM

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Always bragging about size Dave!! :rolleyes:

That's why Steven Irwin made it look sooo easy in the U.S. because they were just tiddly little things.. :D

Hey Lino, I bet that all of the Florida bikers head out to Snake road on the weekend! Looks like it was made for bikes! :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Lino, I bet that all of the Florida bikers head out to Snake road on the weekend! Looks like it was made for bikes! :)
pretty much... but it looks better than it actualy is. You need to take it at a very spirited pace to make it somewhat interesting.

almost got hit by a buzzard last time I rode it..:eek:

with all the empty flat farmland we have in Florida.. some rich entrepreneur should create a motorcycle park with twisties. Disney's Moto-Land

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll see you on the road Lino. That is our regular Sunday run down Snake road. You are right, it is the only curvy road in South Florida if not all of Florida.
where do you all meet up?

P.S. The waitresses are rude at the Billy Swamp safari restaurant. We stopped going there for breakfast.
so far no problem with them... other than the $.25 charge for water!!!

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
with all the empty flat farmland we have in Florida.. some rich entrepreneur should create a motorcycle park with twisties. Disney's Moto-Land
Jennings GP in North Florida. :bighand: But I would not call it a motorcycle park. It is a bikes only track with a bunch of curves and a moderate length straight.

The other options are Homestead and Moroso.

Trying to ride like Valentino on public roads is a zero payback risk.
Not that I would ever do that. :eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jennings GP in North Florida. :bighand: But I would not call it a motorcycle park. It is a bikes only track with a bunch of curves and a moderate length straight.

The other options are Homestead and Moroso.

no.. those are tracks to race at..

MOTOLAND

Im talking about a scenic course with trees, blind curves with elevated mountain sides ( could be fake like at islands of adventure or DisneyWorld ) tunnels, under and over passes, crested decreasing radius turns..etc.

Control riders guiding you through..riders would be monitored by CCTV and EMT's on stand-by... food and beverage court.. and overnight lodging with garages. Moto rentals

Newbie Island
Touring Paradise
Track World
Off Road Safari ( kinda like at Animal Kingdom, but you ride dual purpose bikes) around the jungle

All in the safety of a Disney Park

If you got the money, and a HUGE insurance bond.. feel free to steal my idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts