Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laid my babe down on Hwy 11 in the beautiful mountains of South Carolina. Need about $150 of parts to get her ack on the road and a not too much more to have her look right again. I walked away with a hatred for new tires and a little road rash.

My savior wil post some pics soon. :hammer:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Glad you okay, and on the smaller item, no major damage to the ride. Have a beer and curse away.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I will do the Ramblin Fool a favor and post his images.

Have to give him credit, never lost that grin, maybe when he took a shower scrubbin that rash........OUCH

Maybe next time you can keep up with the plain jane RED Bonnie! luv ya man!

Dont let the pics fool you, he was wearing a leather jacket. Sleeve rode up, bummer....... The bike came out well though, a credit to superior Brittish engineering I suppose.

[ This message was edited by: vertwrks on 2006-12-03 19:21 ]

·
Registered
338 Posts
Laid my babe down on Hwy 11 in the beautiful mountains of South Carolina. Need about $150 of parts to get her ack on the road and a not too much more to have her look right again. I walked away with a hatred for new tires and a little road rash.
Sorry to hear that. I laid my bonnie down about two weeks after I got her. I know it sucks, but the fact that relatively speaking you're okay and the bike will be cheap to repair is good. Heal fast and, though I know it may not feel otherwise, you'll be back on the road before you know it!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I always hate finding titles like this among the new threads. Sounds like you made out okay in that it's just $150 to get it rolling again. And I"ve always found it difficult not to look at cosmetic damage as an excuse for some cool mods and/or a paintjob. Take care of that arm. Judging by the grin on your face someone replaced the peroxide in that bottle with beer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. Sounds like you were lucky - don't worry, the bike can be fixed and chicks love scars (though you may not even get one from that rash).

New tires? Gotta give em a few hundred k's to settle down.

Cheers,

Brett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts