Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When me g-friend rides she want a backrest to feel more safe- then I would just put on the stocker when she's not on
I contacted Corbin to see if they were going to do a backrest for the passenger like every other model. They said pretty much if people continued to inquire. Below is there response:
"Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for writing. Currently, due to the production size and positioning of the seat we were unable to incorporate a backrest/backrest hardware into the seat without compromising the comfort of the passenger.
Usually we'll add a feature if word of mouth warrants it. I will go ahead and forward this onto our R & D department as a suggestion. Keep an eye out on our website and our daily news, when any changes or new parts are made, you'll see them there first.
I hope this info helps - if you have any other questions feel free to give us a call at 831-634-1100 and one of our reps will be ready to assist you. Thanks for your interest with Corbin, it's much appreciated.

Regards,
Michael Alva

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Don't count on it. There really is no way to add a back rest with any support to the current seat configuration. It actually says that in the seat description. Short of raising the rear seat area and allowing room for the required bolts, I don't see it happening. The rear little rail helps a bit, and the overall configuration is fairly front forward. My wife has no problem feeling secure. The configuration of the new corbin seat will increase this quite a bit IMO...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts