Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Bender might say, "I'm back, baby!"

I used to post here quite a bit when I had my Thunderbird, but then financial pressures forced me to sell the T-Bird in August of 2007 :(

In September of '07 I bought a beater 1982 Kawasaki Spectre just to have something to ride. The Spectre has actually been a pretty decent bike - smooth and powerful, and the triple disk brakes and shaft drive just remind me of how good bikes used to be. But it's also been showing it's age quite a bit, and not just in the shot fork seals and cracked paint.

Anyway, long story short, I'd been wanting to get back onto a Triumph for quite a while and finally I pulled the trigger on an 08 Scrambler demo/service loaner from a local dealer. Not quite "new" (1271 miles on it) but the newest bike I've ever owned and the newest I'm ever likely to own.

I actually like the '08 because I'm a bit 'old fashioned' when it comes to bikes and didn't want to get an EFI twin. Plus I don't care for the 'combat green' or all-black color schemes that the '09's come with. I had a choice of the red/white or the silver/green and although green is my favorite color, that lime green was just a little too much to take, so I opted for the more 'classic' red/white.

Love the scrambler styling and am looking forward to taking it onto some of the milder forest service roads and fire trails in the Rockies this Summer.

I'll pick her up on Wednesday and then should have more pictures. In the meantime, here's one from the dealer site:

Will post more later! Right now we've got 6" of snow on the ground but it's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow so I shouldn't have any trouble riding her home!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts