Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after I lost my password etc and this bloody site wont accept yahoo or hotmail accounts, (stupid), I finally found a way of redirecting my mail from my website to my hotmail address. So ya boo sux.

Bike, well after asking for info ages ago, I was the
FJR v ST v Trophy, guy. I have bought a 1998 1200 with 9k miles, 3 bags in ex con...........I hope.
It gets delivered tomorrow/Thurs or when ever the Hauler desires! Soon please as its 75 here today!

So now I can join in with the ranks, have some fun, join the local RAT etc.

Yipeee. Waited 9 years.
Mike :-D

[ This message was edited by: cornishgolfer1 on 2006-12-12 11:25 ]

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have somewhat of the same problem with my computer. I am logged on on two of my computers and can't log onto the other one. It won't accept my password. Guess when I want to say something I will have to make sure I'm on the right one. Being a new 1200 owner myself I know the anxious feeling. Good luck with your new ride. Mine is a hoot.
Flybiker :razz:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Hey Mike, glad to have you back on here. I hope the bike shows up today because I really don't know how you can sleep with that gear on.
:razz: Get your azz out there and ride. The weather up here is warmer than usual, but it's pouring out right now.

I didn't know that this site did not accept Hotmail and Yahoo accounts. I know a few other message boards I am on do not allow them because they seem to be popular with spammers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hmmm!! packed bags and going to mother ? leaving you alone in peace to receive a Triumph motorcycle ? run exactly what you did to achieve that reaction by me again. Hope new machine has arrived. :???:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
arrived safe n sound at 7 pm on Sat night.

its now mon 11.22 am, and am now checking all the levels, lubes etc.

Oil, I see the sight glass on the left, the manual says there a dipstick there?? Bloody fooled me Cant see one?

Apart from that, will get it titled and registered and then off for a spin.

Its bloody big n heavy!

OOOOOOhh er

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Titled and insured, (cheap as chips with Geico I must admit), and took her for a blast last night.

It is a bit stuttery in 1st and 2nd but when she gets going...........
Slight vibration at lower speeds, 40/50 etc.

I am not too sure of the service history so will book her in for a 9k or 12k at my local Trumpet peeps.
How much dosh are we talking about here??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Full 12,000 mile service at the dealership is about $600 at my local dealer. (just talked to him about my recent bag ejection while reading your post) If you are mechanically inclined at all I would recommend learning how to service it yourself. It can pay off on the road.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeouch,

I feel your pain. I was on my way to a hospital in LA (the state) after a call that my dad was rushed there with a stroke. No idea how he was so I was running 85 in a 70 (real speed demon). The officer was not concerned at all for my reason to speed and gave me a ticket. Long story short, had to pay $250+. I just wish the system could be as serious about making people pay for actual crimes. Anyway... if you are ever headed west, northwest, etc... give me a holler. I take any opportunity to ride.

Enjoy the bike
Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts