Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got all the stuff on the new bike, including the all important heated grips for those frigid mornings when the temp plunges below 70 degrees.

Took a 6 hour ride around Lake Okeechobee today and actually felt pretty good at the end of it. Guess I'm pretty much over my little mishap.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yay! I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but very happy to see you out riding again. Nice looking bike you have there!

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
That's good to hear, D.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Glad you're on the road again DWR:D

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
The wheels go on the bottom Dave... ok?

Oh, and get some blue on them pipes too.
Looks like your little sister has been riding it! :p

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey! I was just being nice to it for the first thousand miles. Thats done now.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Good to hear you're back on the road. Now we just need to get you back out west to finish the ride. :)

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Awesome news! Those new Hepcos look sharp! Love the seat too. I am looking to replace my stock seat, I might consider that one. Its a Triumph seat, right? Comfortable, is it? Triumph windscreen too? Looks good.

Ride safe, brother.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Good to see youre back up...I bet your face hurts...from your sh!t eating grin...

Good you picked the fastest color too...

·
Registered
435 Posts
That is one suweet lookin' ride, Dave! You trailering her up here to hang with us?

Be kinder to this saddle, okay?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I know I'm partial to black Bonnevilles, but in all seriousness... It looks better than your old one. The bags blend in more, and I like the chrome rack on the back exposed it adds a bit of bling. It really looks nice Dave.

I know you had some emotional attachment and some great memories on the old one, but here's to bunches of new memories on the new one. :beerchug

So... Are you still driving your car up for the Vintage Festival with the Northern Tool bike rack on the back, or are you having second thoughts and riding the new bike? :D

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words everyone, its good to be riding again.

Juni the seat is the one from Triumph and very comfortable. Puts you little higher than the stock seat. Put 23K on the last one. Good seat.

Mark & Max, Right now I'm thinkin I'll ride the bike up there. I love the back roads in southeast Alabama. We'll have to see what the weather is doing then. I'm hoping it will be perfect like it was last year!

H

·
0 Posts
Well sir, every one else has jumped in to congratulate you, advise you, wish you well, offer help, offer condolences and in general just be nice to you.

I am not sure why you needed all that. You didn't die, you are healing up some what, you have a wonderful support family and know and are respected by many a like minded motorcycle person around the country. Insurance bought just the bike you need and the roads are clear of summer time vacationers, students and other silly bikers..

When your brain clears, ride on over or lets meet in between. Be safe in your adventures. Oh dear, I am preaching again.:D:D

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Hey! I was just being nice to it for the first thousand miles. Thats done now.
Just be a little nicer than you were to the other one and it should be okay.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
6 Hours? Yep, I guess you over your mishap!

Soooooo..... when are we riding?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When your brain clears, ride on over or lets meet in between.
Sounds good Hap. Maybe see you on the Unroad next time you are up that way.

Just be a little nicer than you were to the other one and it should be okay.
Good idea!

6 Hours? Yep, I guess you over your mishap!

Soooooo..... when are we riding?
Yes we need to set something up.

Glad to see you back in the saddle Dave. Beautiful bike there.
Thanks Jim.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts