Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, throwing up some recent pics of the ole thrux. Finally got it back from paint. Hand picked all the colors myself, shades of gray, shades of red etc. Hand pinstriping done by a local gent here in Houston, Hydrodipping and spraying done by another shop, 6 coats of clear with final polish and clean up. Take a look and let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Damn that looks good!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I work in the automotive industry, the people that did the work were vendor's of mine -basically I paid wholesale for most of it. I paid retail for the pin striping... but obviously that's not something you want to cheap out on. All of it collectively was less than $1000

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That's good work!

I've often thought a Super Duke R would be a fantastic bike to ride if it weren't for all of that damn orange. Hmmm. Take it apart and do something similar to it...i see the frame in a powder coat red.

Buy a new bike and take it apart to repaint it. Madness! :)

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Nice work, I really like the colour

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very nice job and very tasteful setup!

I'd love to have the same done to mine. Perhaps I would go with the colors swapped: grey carbon majority with a black stripe.

Congrats.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I debated reversing it, I love the carbon fiber look so much, but in my opinion you have to adhere to the "less is more" motto when choosing a paint scheme for the bike.

Putting it in the stripe, and on the gas cap, allows me to keep it as my accent color and I can maybe paint some other items (carb tops?) in Carbon fiber to keep the theme going.

Glad you guys like it tho, I'm quite pleased with it myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts