Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been offline for a couple months, just popping back in to say "hello".

Been offline due to a nasty divorce still in process, and TriumphRat is blocked at work.

She may have the house, but I got the Bonneville!

If only I can get Thruxton (my Chocolate Lab) I will be estatic!

:-D

Best part of being newly single, I can ride all I want with no BS!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kind of caught me off guard, being served at 4pm at work with a Military Protective Order, Followed by a Temporary Restraining Order (civillian). Bank account cleaned out, etc....

(SOP when divorce proceedings get underway, wife filed it to get me out of the house)

Got a good lawyer, but family law, at least in FL is very stacked against the man.

But, looking on the bright side, I can ride whenever I want now!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Been there too, twice. Best advice I can give is NOT TO UNDER ESTIMATE your ex-wife to be!

She will do and say things that will make you wonder how and why you ever had sex with her! EVIL I tell you!

BTW, for you to get a MPO and CPO, you must have been a bad boy yourself.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, for the MPO and CPO, she just had to say "I fear for my life". Judge asked her to justify why, and she said "I just do".

Judge told me and my lawyer, if she says that he HAS to give the CPO. But because she was unable to back it up, he made it temporary vice permanent.

MPO's are handed out like candy by CO's via the FFSC.

From research I have been doing, this is SOP for a lot of contested divorces now a days.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
As a matter of personal interest, and offering apologies if I'm forcing you to think about unpleasant topics, what justification did she have for cleaning out the bank account? Did you get any of it back? And any kids involved?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No kids, thankfully.

She has not told me why. It was not much (less than $200) but it was what I had until payday. I had to borrow $$ from another pilot for food and gas.

She has tried to clean out my 401K, but it can only be accessed by me.

Standard divorce tactics around here.

Women tend to (under advice of lawyers):

Make allegations of abuse (this gets man out of house)
Clean out accounts (makes it hard for him to get lawyer)
Try to defile your name at work. (Thankfully, the other Pilots and CO know shes a loon)

Also, she has contacted most of my friends spouses, and told unbeliveable things. Stuff the Sherriff would arrest me for if she had any proof other than her word. Makes it hard for me to get a place to stay.

I did not get ANYTHING back, and per the Navy, I have to pay her ~$2100 a month in support until the divorce is finalized. Meanwhile, I live in a friends guest room, and have been trying to get my life back to some semblance of normalcy.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks for the response. Kills me how the U.S. legal system is still invested in the automatic man-is-at-fault assumption. Good luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2006-11-13 00:15, Mancha wrote:
Thanks for the response. Kills me how the U.S. legal system is still invested in the automatic man-is-at-fault assumption. Good luck.
Yeah, makes me want to move to Latvia for a spell after I get out of the Navy. (3 more years, but 14 to retire)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thumper, sorry to hear that. At least you have your boys at the Unit to lean on...

As for the orders, I can vouch that at least here in Washington, if someone, especially a woman, asks the Court for an order, they are almost automatically granted a temporary two week order, with a hearing date set so the respondent can argue why they should not have an order. That means Thumper didn't actually have to DO anything for her to get orders against him.....

Hang in there man......

·
Registered
868 Posts
In a related question - does anyone know or suspect that motorcyclists are any more or less likely than the general population to get divorced.

I suspect more because the passion for riding is often solitary and one who prefers his own company may not value a marriage as much as the next guy.

You know why I ask this question.....

P

·
Registered
859 Posts
Interesting question, SpeedyPete...I can see it going either way. I know I have gotten in many an arguement or fight with my wife over the bike and how much time I spend riding/fixing/looking at her...Its imposible to explain the compulsion to ride to someone who doesn't entirely get it. On the other hand, the bike is a great stress releiver, meditation tool, whatever you call it riding helps me keep my head on straight.

One thing I think would be true is taht riders probably handle divorce better, you have that escape from your reality sitting right there in teh driveway every day....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in FL. All mines here are open pit...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bump her off hand yourself in and do the time it will work out cheaper and eaiser in the longrun

·
Registered
145 Posts
my son is at fort rucker. warrant officer in training.. he had the same as you. jag really covered his butt... from now on he intends to rent. he'll keep only his name on the accounts. i've been married to a great woman for 30yrs. she encourages me to get out and ride. she, my daughter and her sister hang out together. they love to do things with the children..... there are good ones out there. take a good look at the person. the habits they have when you date are the habits you will have to live with forever. they also have to live with yours. i haven't changed in most of my opinions.. they won't either!!!! like minds. :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JAG/Navy Legal has been totally no help in this.

NCIS investigated her claims for possible UCMJ charges, and found no merit in her claims.

But the ruckus she is causing in the Civillain courts, JAG is unable/unwilling to help. I have been paying out the nose in lawyer and court costs.

Should be finalized in a month or two.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.