Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Anyone have this problem? I put the Axljak rear sets on my Thruxton as I hate the movement on the stock units. They are really nice but I started catching some false neutrals as the reach is further then the stock. Anyone have any fixes for this? I summon the Thruxton gods for help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The little arm should be at 6 o"clock as the rear mounting point should match the angle as much as possible.
You may need to play with the rod's threaded ends
Most of the time if the arm is off to 5 o"clock or 7 O'clock etc
it can cause some strange shifting behaviors.
Had the same problem with my Ducati as well as my Thruxton until I asked a racing tech and this is what he told me. The problem went away.
Although the attached picture is of the Discacciati Thruxton Cup Rearsets it is a good example as to what the angle should be
Like this:

Good luck
JC
Hey. Anyone have this problem? I put the Axljak rear sets on my Thruxton as I hate the movement on the stock units. They are really nice but I started catching some false neutrals as the reach is further then the stock. Anyone have any fixes for this? I summon the Thruxton gods for help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tend to like a "steeper" angle on the shift lever. My track day was also my first days with the Axljax and in two days I never missed a shift. Hard to beieve actually, given everything that a race school/track day entails... I DID catch some false neutrals on my '08 Sprint ST until I steepened the angle. BTW, I have size 12 feet! Adjust, try it, adjust some more...when you get it dialed remember, blue loctite on the threaded shaft & the locking nuts....

Here's a pic from 12.13.08

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts