Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at my local dealer today, I decided to purchase the axel nut cover set. The parts guy said that the set fits all the single sided swingarm models and the parts numbers just designate the black and the silver. When I got home and opened the box, the instructions say that the set is good for all SSS models EXCEPT Sprints. This part is underlined for emphasis. The parts installed easily and fit correctly which leads to my question;

Does anyone know why Triumph are saying to not install on the Sprint? Does anyone know of any negative effect on the performance of the bike or any damage being caused by using the covers? Any comments or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

BTW.....When I called the dealer and spoke to the parts guy, he had no answer.

Thanks in advance folks!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
not sure about 05's but I've got one on my 01 sprint and have had zero problems with it

G

·
I bought and installed a black one on my 06 about 4 months ago - It fit perfectly and has no issues. Really cleans up that axle hole/nut.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wanted to purchase those covers last year but was told they weren't available for Sprint 1050. It's funny to know that they would have fit. Oh well...this year the accessory catalog includes axle covers for the Sprint. I'm going to order them next time I'm in the shop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
AZWildcat:

I've had them on my 05 for over 6000 miles. No problems.

Dale

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another option from SkyKing is the rear axel sliders/shop stand bobbins, not as attractive, but it closes it up and adds some functionality.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just bought and fitted a set. The instructions said NOT FOR SPRINT ST but the accessories book has the same part # for the Speed Triple and the Sprint ST.

I love how they look and they have really cleaned up the back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So the question for me is Chrome or Black. Do the black ones have the Triumph logo on them? If so does it look ok? If you guys have any pics of yours I would love to see them. I would love to find a simple black axle nut cover for my Black 07. Any ideas on where?Thanks....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Dale. The black is cool but I wish it didn't have the logo on it. I may go for the chrome and if I don't like that have them painted. Thanks for the pics though, I have to learn how to post pics....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts