Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever blue it is, it's pretty darn close to Caspian blue.

It fits well, has an awesome pouch for my ridiculously expensive Oakleys and can fit a few bottles of water, snacks, cargo net, wallet, camera, keys, ect...

Does the job and does it well.

My only gripe is the straps that should allow the top to hang open are too long and it can really slap the tank if you're not gentle, but it's a one size fit all bag so I'll let that slide.

Good quality stitching, good beefy zippers and a nice little backrest. :)

The underside of the bag is this rubbery grippy fabric / sheeting that really sticks the bag to the bike, providing the straps are also firmly attached.

Enjoy the photos, I said I'd take some in the sunlight to show the color difference for those interested in the bag, they are included.

Gallery:
http://yfrog.com/0eaxio015jx

--Kory

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like the bag but it seems a bit small. I assume they make bigger models than this. How is the back rest too. I find that ammusing
Unfortunately Axio does not make a tail pack larger than this, only larger tank bags.

It suits me for a day ride when I want the tank clear ( my tank bag mounts to the gas cap ring ).

The "back rest" doesn't function as a "rest" per say, only something to lean back against for a short moment and maybe get a crack out of your back at a stop light. :D

It holds enough for a day trip and that's good enough for me :)

If I want to travel, I have all three hard bags from Triumph and a LuggageLocker tank bag that is large.

--Kory

·
Registered
106 Posts
i like the bag but it seems a bit small. I assume they make bigger models than this. How is the back rest too. I find that ammusing
The back rest is amusing and that's about all it is. Not alot of room in these, enough for your insurance card, registration, maybe a water bottle, GPS and not alot more. That's all I'm looking to carry so it's not a big deal for me.

Careful on getting on and off your bike as you can easily scuff these and after that the "hard side" part starts to peel off. This is in process on mine and might consider buying a new one at some time, but only after figuring out how to stop this.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Not alot of room in these, enough for your insurance card, registration, maybe a water bottle, GPS and not alot more. That's all I'm looking to carry so it's not a big deal for me.

Careful on getting on and off your bike as you can easily scuff these and after that the "hard side" part starts to peel off. This is in process on mine and might consider buying a new one at some time, but only after figuring out how to stop this.
You are right about being able to easily boot scuff the tailbag. But it does have a good capacity for a day bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts