Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Axio Forza backpack?

5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  batistuta 
#1 ·
Link

Anyone tried these? Are they any good? They look awesome.

I would also like to know if this place is trustworthy:
Link

I'm alway a bit taken back by bad webdesign.

#2 ·
Axio makes great bags. I recommend the Swift instead. It's designed from the start to be a motorcycle bag, and it also holds a little bit more. The little hump on the back is an extra small compartment.

In my recent crash I slid down the tarmac on it. VERY happy with the results. My laptop and all the other electronic gadgets us modern males require came through without a single problem. In addition I'm pretty sure it saved me from any kind of back injury.

The bag? Scratched up but still quite serviceable! It's actually in better shape than my helmet was.

Highly recommended.

Check out http://www.axio-usa.com/ for a list of distributors. Even one in Finland for you. How cool is that?

edit: also, check out their new matching tank and tail bags at the same web site.

[ This message was edited by: crashmasterd on 2007-02-28 18:13 ]

#7 ·
The site is trustworthy I've ordered from them before. The backpack is the best I've ever had period! It has a perfect fit for me...oh and the WOW factor is great people are always asking me what is that thing, you will not be disappointed.

#8 ·
Brought the swift after reading about crashmasterd's post when it happen way back.. highly recommend it as well. The backpack is very comfortable, and fits snuggly against my back. I brought it off ebay, and the guy was also very helpful in matching the price on a few accessories I wanted with the bag, and combined the free shipping too.

#10 ·
On 2007-02-28 18:25, premier wrote:
I think I'll screw the local distributors this time. They charge over 180euros for the forza. That's over 230dollars. :(
FAWK THAT!!!! Hell, if theres anyone you can trust with your cash here in the USA.... have them order it up for you! shipping from the states to fineland for something liek that is probably $30

G
#13 ·

Hey all! Got me a $15 backpack from Wallyworld that has all kinds of mesh, zippers, pockets for my doobies... If it rips, I get a new one. What is this, a fashion show?
I pack several days worth of groceries in this f****r. What else do you need?

:???: :-D

[ This message was edited by: Froggerz40 on 2007-03-01 01:23 ]

#14 ·
I've got the forza in that red/black/carbon color scheme to match my kickass red Dell XPS laptop my grad school gives to every student who attends. I used to have the Swift, but my wife like it so much she took it and uses it when she rides her ST. The forza looks to be just as structurally strong as the Swift, but with a more interesting/flashy color scheme. It is also like 25-30% smaller than the huge XPS backpack that came with the laptop, yet it still holds the huge 17" XPS perfectly (plus power cord, lan cable, mouse, a couple books, pens, graph paper, 30gb iPod, backup USB drive, etc etc. Its a work of art when it comes to laptop bags.

#15 ·
On 2007-03-01 01:21, Froggerz40 wrote:

Hey all! Got me a $15 backpack from Wallyworld that has all kinds of mesh, zippers, pockets for my doobies... If it rips, I get a new one. What is this, a fashion show?
I pack several days worth of groceries in this f****r. What else do you need?

:???: :-D
Uhm its for the laptop...I don't think a $15 backpack from worrly world will suffice for my Dell M70 laptop... Do you also buy your brain bucket from Worrly World....had to ask...

[ This message was edited by: TheGuvnor on 2007-03-01 09:29 ]

#16 ·
I'm another one who bought a Swift after reading about crashmasterd's experience (seems you've done Axio a favour there, Crash)... It already seems to have become a useful place to put stickers...

Definitely a great bag and well worth the money, although you need to put a laptop in some kind of sleeve if you want to protect it from all the other junk you might fling in there. For the price, you'd have hoped that it came with something like that but I'm not complaining - I use the sleeve from my Crumpler courier bag and it fits fine.

The hump on the back does create quite a bit more space apart from being (apparently) more aerodynamic. I bought the rain cover too, which makes it far more practical (although it shrugs off the odd shower without a problem even without the cover).

G
#17 ·
Uhm its for the laptop...I don't think a $15 backpack from worrly world will suffice for my Dell M70 laptop... Do you also buy your brain bucket from Worrly World....had to ask...

Well a $15 backpack from worrly world suffices for this Alienware of mine..

Wrap a blanket around the ***** thing if you're that worried...

:-D :-D

[ This message was edited by: Froggerz40 on 2007-03-03 02:18 ]

#18 ·
Good luck with rain with your $15 backpack.

Personally, I'd rather wrap my $3,000 school laptop in some quality armor rather than gamble.

G
#19 ·
Personally, I'd rather wrap my $3,000 school laptop in some quality armor rather than gamble.

Thanks kuhlka, we all have different priorities. My laptop mainly goes to 'n fro to friends houses and is mostly for gaming and some business stuff. For me a cheapo pack is fine.
(And no rain riding for me. My brother died in the rain on an XT600. To this day I don't like riding in the slick stuff...

#20 ·
On 2007-03-01 12:36, Fingermouse wrote:
...It already seems to have become a useful place to put stickers...

Definitely a great bag and well worth the money, although you need to put a laptop in some kind of sleeve if you want to protect it from all the other junk you might fling in there. For the price, you'd have hoped that it came with something like that but I'm not complaining - I use the sleeve from my Crumpler courier bag and it fits fine.
Ha-Ha Finger! I have an Apple sticker in exactly the same place you put one! You just can't see it in the picture I posted. Yes, the pack is a great place to put all those cool stickers that you get, and don't really want to put on Speedy.

As for laptop sleeves, Axio also makes a really cool hard sleeve specifically for Macbooks. It's totally cool and totally doesn't fit my iBook. :mad: Luckily it isn't much of a problem because my pack is usually so full of other books and bits and bobs that I can barely zip it closed. Besides, iBooks are indestructible anyway! :hammer:

#22 ·
On 2007-03-03 02:15, Froggerz40 wrote:

Well a $15 backpack from worrly world suffices for this Alienware of mine..

Wrap a blanket around the ***** thing if you're that worried...

:-D :-D
Wrap a blanket around my laptop? For what? Is the blanket suppose to provide some form of protection from a potential fall...Interesting thought...maybe I could patent the idea for a rider....I can just imagine it...dudes riding around wrapped in blankets...Hell I could call it "The Ghost Rider"..... :-D

#26 ·
On 2007-03-04 00:11, Briank wrote:
i have used MAW many times never a problem always good service :cool:
i beg to differ. :mad:

Order a motorcycle cover for speedy and a lock on the same order, and they shipped it from two different locations and charged me double for shipping! Called their customer service and they were rude as hell. Never gonna order from them again! :hammer: :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.