Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Scrambler headers are awful looking shades of blue, spots of gold etc. Jet Hot is offering many colors including red and semi gloss black. Anyone have them? Comments. I was thinking of just going with the Arrow but I like the twin muffler look and you know the stainless will turn a shade of gold though a uniform gold through out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can try wrapping your headers. Somewhere in here I think you can see mine in a picture. I believe there is a shot of them in a thread I did called,"scrambler handlebars."

·
Registered
471 Posts
In the BMW GS world they are referred to as "**** Brown" headers. My scrambler headers look much better so far!

Jim :cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can try wrapping your headers. Somewhere in here I think you can see mine in a picture. I believe there is a shot of them in a thread I did called,"scrambler handlebars."
Wrapping looks like crap.IMHO

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
you can get yours coated black if you like that.I like crome pipes but after running the black foe a while it grows on ya

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
My 06 Scrambler headers are awful looking shades of blue, spots of gold etc. Jet Hot is offering many colors including red and semi gloss black. Anyone have them? Comments. I was thinking of just going with the Arrow but I like the twin muffler look and you know the stainless will turn a shade of gold though a uniform gold through out.
I had my header pipes ceramic coated with the silver color. I love it. I think black would look cool too. Color depends on what colors your bike is and your own taste.

I highly recommend it though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jamboa 2003, I always like the positive feedback by the way Louisiana looks like crap.
Thanks I needed to be told that. I never knew. You must be looking at the Asphalt Jungle "New Orleans". I see people all the time from the Orient by the look of their eyes taking pics on the side of the highway of the swamp, Cypress trees, Above ground tombs, moss laden Live Oak trees, etc. So where do you live?
I like a change and that is why I spend so much time at my log cabin in the mountians of Arkansas riding the forest roads and serpentine highways.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jamboa 2003, I always like the positive feedback by the way Louisiana looks like crap.
I did not mean to say your bike looks like crap. I did not see it. I have seen others with wrapped pipes. It just is not the look I like. Everyone has a right to an opinion.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey man, I was just trying to help you out. I'm not a big fan of header wrap either. I just did it to hide the scratch I got in the chrome when I dropped my bike . I would rather save my cash for new pipes than use it on ceramic coating. I fired that shot at Louisiana Because of the way you answered me. I don't give a rats ass what you or anybody else thinks of my bike. I like it and that's all that matters. I live in Ca. in a place called Aptos about ten miles from Santa Cruz on the coast. Ca. was a great state when Reagan was Gov. The liberals run it now. I have lived here all my life and now I fear I won't have enough money to retire here. So go ahead & take a shot at California I'll probably agree with you, fair enough?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kalifornia All Right

Hey man, I was just trying to help you out. I'm not a big fan of header wrap either. I just did it to hide the scratch I got in the chrome when I dropped my bike . I would rather save my cash for new pipes than use it on ceramic coating. I fired that shot at Louisiana Because of the way you answered me. I don't give a rats ass what you or anybody else thinks of my bike. I like it and that's all that matters. I live in Ca. in a place called Aptos about ten miles from Santa Cruz on the coast. Ca. was a great state when Reagan was Gov. The liberals run it now. I have lived here all my life and now I fear I won't have enough money to retire here. So go ahead & take a shot at California I'll probably agree with you, fair enough?
No shot from me brother. I think we have a lot in common. We both respect Ronald Reagan.That says alot.
Money is tight all over. I do not blame you for wanting to save some.
Stay safe and enjoy those great roads. Don't run over any liberals!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts