Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came from another forum, but is interesting to many folks here also.

its not so much a Choice of EITHER / OR, as the Storm is
being made to Replace the Azaro. According to AVON if a given
tire size is made in the Storm line, then that size is being discontinued
in the Azaro line.
As an example the 110/80/18 is being made in the Storm line, so it is No
longer available as an Azaro.
The opposite is also true, if a given size is NOT made in the Storm line
it is Still being made in the Azaro line.
As an example the 150/80/16 is NOT made in the Storm line and as such
you can only buy it as an Azaro.

I think these are the standard sizes for the TBirds. So we'll have to run different tires front and rear.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dont like any of the Avons, I tried Azaro's, cupped badly on the front, the rear lasted about twenty minutes. The RL30 wore really erratically, I dont think I will be buying Avons again anytime soon. They used to be excellent tyres, theyve been making tyres that long I think they forgot how.
The best Combination I've had so far is a Michelin HiTour rear, coupled with a Bridgestone 012 ss on the front. At the moment I am running a Conti tour on the rear and a BT020 on the front, I went for a harder front this time as I am commuting on the motorway.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have Azaros on my Tbird and am very pleased with them. I have previously used Michelin Macadam,which are no longer made. Personally I prefer the Avons,they feel more secure particularly in the wet. I've pushed them hard and have total confidence. They feel as good as 020s and Pilot Roads which I've run on other Triumphs I've owned. I guess it's personal preference. The worst tyres I've had for cupping were 010s but in fairness that was on a Daytona.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Here I thought I'd have to abandon Avon because they don't make a 16" new-style Storm tire for my Tbird rear. But from what you say, that 16" rear should still be available through the Azarro line. Great news as I'll need a new rear before long.

Thanks, Denny! :)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Dont like any of the Avons, I tried Azaro's, cupped badly on the front, the rear lasted about twenty minutes. The RL30 wore really erratically, I dont think I will be buying Avons again anytime soon.
I've been very happy with the Azaros - haven't experienced either problem you describe. Even when I really pushing it - the tyres have given me confidence. I agree about the RL30 - found it to be quite alarming when pressed hard.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I'm very happy with Pilot Powers and the best I've gotten is 10k miles out of a rear on a 100hp Aprilia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts