Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a bit of curiosity. I'm wondering what other Sprint riders' average speed would be.

The bike's computer gives distance travelled, elapsed time & average speed since the last reset. I don't know whether the 955 Sprints have this function. If not I guess this question relates only to the 1050 ST. I think the average is at least as dependent on the environment & terrain in which we ride as much as riding style. Anyway, as I said, this is just a bit of idle curiosity.

Mine computer's av speed registers 85 kph = 53 mph, based on 9,214 km covered in 99.6 hours.

But 9,214/99.6 = 92.5 :confused:- I don't understand.

DaveB.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yep. The 955i's have a tripmeter like older cars. Push once for the odo, and again for the tripmeter. Hold down to reset. That's it.

As for average speed, I think the black helicopters came and kidnapped me years back, and implanted a chip in my ass that triggers red traffic lights. I rarely get through an intersection without having to stop and admire the view for a while.

My wife thought I was kidding until, on our first date, she decided I wasn't.

So, I'd guess my average speed is just a tick above 'parked'.

·
Registered
132 Posts
But the top speed readout has seen triple digits (MPH) more than once! :D
As I'm a 955 rider as well, I can't post an average speed. But like Caddy, my ST has also seen triple digits (MPH). Last triple for me was 125. Hubby thinks it's cool (I still can't keep up with him on his Daytona [haven't worked myself up to his speed yet]).

RoeST.....you have to account for the time, not only stopped, but those times where you are not going mach speed (i.e. traffic light to traffic light, low mph roads, slow traffic, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts