Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Average kilometers/tank??

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  JMV2006 
#1 ·
Hey there,

I am getting about 200 k's to a tank, before reserve, is this about right?? I have Staintune pipes, AI removed, and ride it half and half, (normal when I dont see a cop and a little more twist to the wrist when I do see a cop...or a Harley)

Just wanted to see what everyone else is gettin..

nate

#3 ·
What are these keelomeeturs of which you speak? :wink:

I get about 140 good old British miles on my open-piped, 120 mains T100 before reserve. That's about 224 of your jazzy modern "keelomeeturs" but I don't open her up that much. Cruising and doing the twisties account for most of my miles.

BTW, doesn't the Bonnie go so very gracefully onto reserve? I've been on bikes that died pretty quickly when they hit empty, but the T100 gives me plenty of gentle warning. She's such a sweet-natured girl :-D

#4 ·
on my Bonnie, with TORs and KN, no snorkel or AI, I've had wide variations before reserve - 185km to as much as 230km; got up to 260km total before filling one time, and stilkl had a couple of litres left I think (was well and truly on reserve by then of course)

On the Scrambler (stock so far apart from AI removal) I seem to go onto reserve like clockwork at 211-212 kms; have taken her up to 240 before filling, and think I still had 2-3 litres left. Bottom line, you've always got 250km in a tank from full-ish.
I must carry a can sometime and run her right out just to see..
cheers Pat

#5 ·
Tha's about right for a normal mixture of riding. Highersometimes up to 230 or so as low as 120, loaded up up and hammering.
That's with no airbox. It doesn't make that much difference unti you stick it right in. The dyno charts also verify the same.

Darcy

#9 ·
If just in the city for a whole tank then about 220KLM before reserve but on a long back road/hiway ride then usually 265-285 to reserve.
I've put in 14 litres quite a few times at 330 klms even at a steady 4500-4750 rpm the whole way, so I've been very happy with my mpg..

#12 ·
I am getting about 200 k's to a tank, before reserve, is this about right?? I have Staintune pipes, AI removed, and ride it half and half
I get about 230km.

I also have staintunes and am about to remove AI so our bikes will be about the same - i'm curious if you have made any adjustments to the carbs?

I have backfiring after putting on the staintunes but i hope the AI removal will fix that - is that what you found?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.