Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a power socket from my local dealer who posted me a socket for an America rather than my T100. he said that they are all the same even though they have a different part number. The instructions for the America says that the socket fixes in to an existing hole in the panels, the T100 I believe should be a bracket? Anybody shed any light on this before I 'discuss' this with the dealer. If anyone has a photo or can post a copy of the Bonneville fixing instructions it would be much appreciated. I know the connections are fairly straight forward on to the harness under the tank.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The America/Speedmaster socket has a threaded collar and fits in a hole in the upper rear engine mount. the socket that I've seen for the bonnie has a flat-stock bracket that comes down from part of the frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
On 2007-01-26 09:57, RoundSlide wrote:
The America/Speedmaster socket has a threaded collar and fits in a hole in the upper rear engine mount. the socket that I've seen for the bonnie has a flat-stock bracket that comes down from part of the frame.
That is correct. there is a right angle bracket with a nut on it and tabs that hold it to the rear engine stay bracket on the right side of the bike between the carbs. The plug in for the harness is under the tank with blue tape on it if memory serves me correctly.

I mounted mine on the left side of the bike before the rear wheel as shown here:

www.philadelphiariders.com/gallery/album108/Acc_bracket

because my electric gear has the connector cables on the left side of the gear and I also didn't like trying to find the plug between the carbs or under the engine.

·
Registered
489 Posts

Hi there,
I installed the power socket on the right hand side: used a piece of stainless, drilled/filed a hole to take the socket,made a 90° bend in the bracket and attached it with 2 pop rivets on the mudguard. Sealed the rivets with some silicon filler. On the pic (not too sharp) you can see the socket opened up. Before starting to drill put some masking tape on the fender, check for wiring on the other side and make a cardboard template to start with. The socket is easy to reach and harder to spot than the dirt om my bike.
Grtz, Thieu (PS: socket used is not original Triumph)

[ This message was edited by: greyplague on 2007-01-31 16:06 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts