Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I once owed a Harley. One of the accessories i bought for it was a kit that changed the rear turn signals (with red lenses) into also activating with the brake light in order to be more visible. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing available for my 2017 T120 Black?

Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I once owed a Harley. One of the accessories i bought for it was a kit that changed the rear turn signals (with red lenses) into also activating with the brake light in order to be more visible. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing available for my 2017 T120 Black?

Thank you.
I actually just installed some Rizoma IRide S turn signals. They have an amber turn signal, red running light and red brake light. Install was easy and Rizoma includes the resistors to eliminate the hyper flash. I love them! They are mounted to shock mount brackets from Baak Motocyclettes.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just installed some Rizoma IRide S turn signals. They have an amber turn signal, red running light and red brake light. Install was easy and Rizoma includes the resistors to eliminate the hyper flash. I love them! They are mounted to shock mount brackets from Baak Motocyclettes.
These look really good. Will they mount to the stock bracket where the current signals are? What kind of work are we talking about? A screwdriver and plug and play? Or...?

Thank you!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Like those shock mounted signals. I'm also using the Baak shock mounts for my LED signals, but dig the idea of them also functioning as brake lights for some extra attention back there. Wonder if there's a solution.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Check out Vizi-Tec. It’s a plug and play module that plugs in under the seat. You program the brake light flashing pattern with the front brake lever. This works well because the brake light is LED but the patterns are complex. I had to mess with it quite a bit to get simple flashing each time when hitting the brake. I have a bag on my luggage rack which obscures the brake light. I installed Hyperlites, which are vertical diodes which mount on either side of the licence plate. They are very bright. Options are 1) flash about 5 or 6 times when you hit the brake; 2) #1 followed by reverting to running light, which is less bright than the flashes; 3) top half is red brake flash and bottom half is orange turn signal. You can self install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These look really good. Will they mount to the stock bracket where the current signals are? What kind of work are we talking about? A screwdriver and plug and play? Or...?

Thank you!
I love the look and the extra light is nice! They might be able to mount where the stock lights are. Will probably need an adapter plate or something. It won't be quite plug and play as you need to splice into the run and brake wires, but I picked up some bullet connectors from Amazon and crimped the wires to the connectors. The turn signal part will be plug and play. If you have some basic wiring knowledge then it will be an easy install.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That added attention is why I went this route!
I moved my rear signals to the shock mounts because it looks better but I think when riding two-up (which I semi-regularly do) I think they are less noticeable than sticking out from the back. However, the new ones are LED so are much brighter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the look and the extra light is nice! They might be able to mount where the stock lights are. Will probably need an adapter plate or something. It won't be quite plug and play as you need to splice into the run and brake wires, but I picked up some bullet connectors from Amazon and crimped the wires to the connectors. The turn signal part will be plug and play. If you have some basic wiring knowledge then it will be an easy install.
I have the same set up, got the plug and play harness for the signals but need to splice running and brake, which wires and from where did you use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you slice the running and brake light funtions, I have the same bike and lights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts