Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if anybody has put some kind of auxiliary (LED) lighting in place of the factory front turn signals, and if so, what did you use.

I had a little boo-boo in the garage, dropped my Bonnie on its left side and busted the turn signal cover. I can buy a replacement but I'm thinking that before I do that maybe I should explore the option of adding more light to my Bonnie since we all know the factory lighting isn't that great and the Bonnie is about to become my only bike (I'm selling my BMW to concentrate on upgrading my Bonnie.)

Main reason I'm thinking of using the turn signal stalks is that it might be a way to add auxiliary lighting without ruining the "classic" look of the bike.

Bile is an 02 carbureted 790cc Bonneville.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I put my aux lights on a British Customs turn signal relocation bracket that mounts behind the rectifier. You can keep your turn signals and also easily add lights.

There are scads of used turn signals out there from people who have replaced theirs with aftermarket. You should easily be able to find a replacement for the cracked one. That's assuming yours are OEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
You did yourself a favor. Everytime you break oem garbage you have an excuse to get something good. We all have 4 sets of the oem junk lying around. It is not worth the cost of postage or I would give you a set or two. Get a billet rear set up and some billet stuff for up front. While you are at it get some good auxiliary lights and some mounts for you crash bar/engine guard and you will go down the road like Tommy Salami.

·
Registered
121 Posts
More involved, but I swapped out my solid for hollow clip ons and put some led bar end lights in. Seperate location to blinkers to avoid mistakes by drivers.

·
Registered
720 Posts
More involved, but I swapped out my solid for hollow clip ons and put some led bar end lights in. Seperate location to blinkers to avoid mistakes by drivers.
View attachment 716230
If it's all about safety, don't ababndon turn signals, whatever design you choose. Auxiliary lights should be in addition to turn signals, not instead of......

·
Registered
481 Posts
I mounted 3100 lumen led drive lights on the ex mirror mounts and installed Oberon Bar End LED indicators which I and very pleased with both as a lighting solution

headlight is also my modified HID projector 55watt which with the led driving light shows a better light pattern than my car on country roads on high beam

Attachments

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just curious to know if anybody has put some kind of auxiliary (LED) lighting in place of the factory front turn signals, and if so, what did you use.

I had a little boo-boo in the garage, dropped my Bonnie on its left side and busted the turn signal cover. I can buy a replacement but I'm thinking that before I do that maybe I should explore the option of adding more light to my Bonnie since we all know the factory lighting isn't that great and the Bonnie is about to become my only bike (I'm selling my BMW to concentrate on upgrading my Bonnie.)

Main reason I'm thinking of using the turn signal stalks is that it might be a way to add auxiliary lighting without ruining the "classic" look of the bike.

Bile is an 02 carbureted 790cc Bonneville.

Thanks in advance!

I have an '02 Centennial Bonneville. I removed my turn signals completely ages ago. Car
drivers pay no attention to them and I've found that hand signals are much more effective
and noticeable. It also gives the bike a much more vintage and clean look.

Harvey Mushman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts