Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been out after dark a few times with the new bike but I find the headlight lacking. I'm thinking adding a couple of driving lights so that I can see up ahead in case there are critters off in the grass getting ready to bounce in front of me.

I've got Denali D2s on my Honda NX700x but I don't think the styling is right for the T120. Anybody else here addressing the same issue? What did you get and where did you mount them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm thinking the same. Do you think they would fit on the dresser bars triumph is offering?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've only been out after dark a few times with the new bike but I find the headlight lacking. I'm thinking adding a couple of driving lights so that I can see up ahead in case there are critters off in the grass getting ready to bounce in front of me.
Yes, the Bright/High Beam Setting on my T120's headlight is either broken or a really poor design. The low setting offers a decently diffused spread of light close across the road but switching to the High Beam setting results in a single spotlight beam aiming somewhere to the left and well above the road and then a more diffused spread off to the right. It's not a useful setting at all; a very fragmented and uneven beam. I honestly only use it when I'm heading up a steep incline at night.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've only been out after dark a few times with the new bike but I find the headlight lacking.
Really?? Compared to what? A Paris-Dakar support truck?

OK, "Smartass Mode" set to OFF.

For a bare-nekked roadster, I've found the candle power of the new Bonnies very impressive. You must live down at the end of a very long and dark dirt road. Granted, if I did indeed live down at the end of a long dark dirt road I would want more lumens out front, or if I was going to Cannon-Ball the state of Montana at 8:00 PM I would want extra lights, but for a bare-nekked roadster, hanging any extra lights on the Bonnies would be akin to hanging 13 bangle bead necklaces on <insert hot body celebrity of your choice here>. It just would screw up the lines.

Please, for all of us that bought the new Bonnies because Triumph FINALLY got it right, use a modicum of good taste and an eye for smooth lines when selecting your auxiliary lights.

And do share a photo. If you found something that looks good, I will want to buy them too. :smile2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just added a pair of these to my T120:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...d-10-watt-led-mini-auxiliary-work-light/1386/

I wanted something that would be relatively unobtrusive, yet make me more visible to dozing cagers. When the bike isn't running, they don't really leap out at you. I attached them easily with the fender bolts, and I run them from a relay that closes when the engine is running (tapped into the tail lamp wire).

I haven't tried them at night yet. My main goal was to improve daytime visibility in the hope of surviving in traffic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
1,025 Posts
Subtle. Very nice.:thumb

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am planning to install Denali D2 on my T120. Have got the lights and clamps for the upper fork installation. Have a few questions.
What is the best place to fix the relay box in the denali harness. Can it go in one of the side panels?
Where to tap the ignition and high beam signals for dual intensity operations. If the relay is in side planes, will have to tap it under the seat somewhere as the wire if about 30-40 cm long.
The harness to pods has pretty long wires, have ordered extra KET SWP 3 pole connectors to shorten the same. Is it possible to tuck the original harness neatly somewhere.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am a fan of Motolights.
I run them on both my bikes (pics)
The best part IMHO is the rock solid direct-to-caliper mount, for dual front disc applications.
In 60,000 mi on my other bike I have only broken a lamp twice, once by stray rock.
The T-120 has their LED option, the Yamaha has 50 watt halogens, available at any hardware store

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts