Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an aux power socked to put on the bike for long hauls to keep my phone charged when using GPS or for camping ourposes. Has anyone installed one, and if so which did you use and where did you mount it? My biggest concern is making it look clean.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I've used Powerlet products on other bikes. The BMW type connector is very common, but there are others such as cigarette style as well. And, there are plenty of adapter cables. You can check out the line at Whitehorsegear to get an idea of what's available.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a cigarette adapter that also had a USB next to it, got it on ebay for about 15 bucks if I remember it correctly. I mounted mine to the back of my flyscreen underneath the dash panel so all of my cords can tuck up behind there and be out of the way. I ran the leads under to the tank to the battery. Simple 5 minute install, and the plugs also come with waterproof covers on them as well. This is the one I have. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-12V-USB-Waterproof-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Port-Outlet-Socket-Black-/301136275966?hash=item461d1ee9fe&vxp=mtr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts