Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
30,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well - here we are again. The international tests are underway.

Tomorrow - Australia vs England.

Any thoughts? Hmmm?

England beat the Aussies in the world cup semi final in 2007, but Australia are a strong side with a bunch of talent.

England have been working hard - they can be a bit hit and miss, but have something to prove.

I reckon England will take it, 17 - 12.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
England playing at Twickenham, hard to beat, but I think the Aussies will do them despite a newish team. ... 16-9

On the other hand we have the All Blacks playing Ireland at Dublin. Ireland are on top of their game at the moment, will be a ding dong match, the first 30 minutes will be carnage.

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Well the Wallabies got their revenge against England 28-14, not a good day for England, their league team also went down to the Kiwi's.

The All Blacks have maintained their unbeaten run in Ireland since 1925 and polished off Ireland 22-3. The AB's took some time to settle in with an error strewn first half.

---------------

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
as a proud Aussie all i can say is
Australia downs England at Twickenham:HappyRoll::elated:
but i have to admit England's game was better:eek:

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
as a proud Aussie all i can say is
Australia downs England at Twickenham:HappyRoll::elated:
but i have to admit England's game was better:eek:

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss !

The Wallabies in fact played very well.

-------------

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
The reason why PropForward has not responded to his own thread after the England loss is that he has changed his monicker to FirstSlip ! Having entirely given up the game and chosen another !

----------------
Ride on ! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,527 Posts
Then can I recommend the official state sport of Maryland; Jousting?

No, I can't. :D

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
The reason why PropForward has not responded to his own thread after the England loss is that he has changed his monicker to FirstSlip ! Having entirely given up the game and chosen another !
we Brits need another sport - one where, just occasionally, we can continue to excel season after season.

Rugby, Cricket and Football are not amongst those:(

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
we Brits need another sport - one where, just occasionally, we can continue to excel season after season.

Rugby, Cricket and Football are not amongst those:(

Well you invented all three of those and in fact the majority of the world sports so maybe you should invent another that can give you an unique edge !

---------------

·
30,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally I got to see the game. It was on delayed broadcast here in the USA - so I had to steer clear of this thread and my email for a bit.

Well, damn.

The Aussies played the better game. England had some moments, but could not maintain consistent composure, leading to MANY turnovers by the Aussies. Also, our scrum was appaling overall - it should have been a power house, but again, lack of composure, and when you have a lack of composure against a top notch teamlike Australia, you get punished. Cipriani didn't have a good day either, but he will develop.

So, a tough couple of games ahead, South Africa and the All Blacks coming up - World Cup winners and Tri Nations winners.

Could be a good couple of games. England need to get some basic discipline and sort that scrum out.

We'll see.

·
30,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only minor changes in the England side selected to start against South Africa. I think that is reasonable - constant chopping and changing can do more harm than good, and there was definitely some good signs in the team that played australia - something to build on.

I see that the England RFU have called upon supporters to be more respectful of opposition teams kickers too, which I am glad to see. I was very disappointed in the home crowd, attempting to put off the Aussie kickers with booing and jeering. First - it doesn't do any good, the Aussie kickers are top notch, secondly (and probably this should be first) it is unsporting. This is rugby for crying out loud, not soccer. A bit of respect for the visiting team is perfectly reasonable. Let the fighting happen down on the pitch where it belongs.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Definitely agree on bad sportsmanship booing the kicker, it was noted that the Dublin crowd, 80,000, were silent when AB kicker Dan Carter took his kicks, they appreciate rugby. It didn't do him any good though, he has a 90% kick rate and he missed his first two !

----------------

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Does that apply to women, too? Sorry... just a thought!
never been to bed with a ugly woman...woken up with a few :eek:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Well, after two lacklustre efforts against Wales & then Scotland and the Springboks only just managing to scrape through, today they turned on the style :):

England 6 - South Africa 42

I reckon the Boks have softened England up nicely before they host the All Blacks next weekend.

DaveB.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
............England 6 - South Africa 42

I reckon the Boks have softened England up nicely before they host the All Blacks next weekend.

DaveB.

There's no team more dangerous to face than one that has been thrashed the game before ! In rugby that's almost a certain bet !

.....Thanks for nuffink Dave ! :D

-------------

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Well the All Blacks had another slow start again against Wales, going into half time 9-6 down but came storming out in the 2nd half and scoring two tries to go 29-9 up.

The match of the day though was the Kiwi's league side beating Australia 34-20 to win the World League Cup. ! Bad day for the Aussies, they will feel this worse than the Wallabies losing. They are just going to have to take their revenge against the NZ Black Caps at cricket !

----------------

·
30,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buggrit.

Ah well - look to the next game, and then see what they do in the six nations.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts