Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems not even the "keep a stiff upper lip" Brits have had this happen to them yet. Just like American politicians the Aussy politicians should not be allowed to text nasty photos of their deformed privates to young boys or maybe Roos in this case.

How funny. BBC reporting the government of the lady who created the carbon tax may fall.:D

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
HAP we really need to address your links. When I say "links" I am not talking about the parts of the chain that keep you chained to the floor of the basement.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAP we really need to address your links. When I say "links" I am not talking about the parts of the chain that keep you chained to the floor of the basement.
Bo. With my limited skills and knowledge, why do you find it so hard to find things that I can? I tell you were they are. Go there.:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
It amazes me that people in the public eye continue to do dumb stuff on a regular basis.

I'm as dumb as rocks and even I know that sexting is a bad idea.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It amazes me that people in the public eye continue to do dumb stuff on a regular basis.

I'm as dumb as rocks and even I know that sexting is a bad idea.
You mean it wasn't you who sent me the text picture of the Dremal drill with the tint, tip attachment next to a Jar?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
It wasn't me, mate. Someone must've hacked my phone.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
On a serious note HAP, it the story has not made it to the ABC web page and if I Google search "Australian Speaker forced to resign over sexting" it brings me right back to your thread.

QED.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a serious note HAP, it the story has not made it to the ABC web page and if I Google search "Australian Speaker forced to resign over sexting" it brings me right back to your thread.

QED.
Okay. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/news.com
then go to Asia
Article middle of the page "Austraian scandal claims speaker"

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Hahahaha...His name is Slipper. :D

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts

QED.
Boldor,

Keep this simple equation in mind:

Old People + Internet = Fail

Got it? :D

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
At least, Irish Guy, I have proven my youth - mentally anyway.

Ol' Mate Pete Slipper has been in the schit for weeks; that's ol' new HAPster. I'd love to go on about the shanannigans of our parliament but apparently it's off limits.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I'd love to go on about the shanannigans of our parliament but apparently it's off limits.
Oh I think you can, just can't espouse your admiration for one party over the other(s). But you can wax poetic about the institution and its shortcomings.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I don't wish to sound condescending DHIB, but you haven't been 'round long enough to be spanked for crossing the line. What I have to say about my country's parliament crosses the line.

Here is Pete Slipper signing off - see link. It is not very interesting. The scandal that started the thread was done with some time ago. They are just tying off loose ends now.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-09/peter-slipper-resigns-as-speaker-of-the-house/4304270

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Listening to that speech I have to say he's not much of a speaker is he? He could use some practice at breath control, phrasing and general continuity.

He's better at it than me but then most people are.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
He's pretty cut up Saph. He was crying at the beginning.

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
I hadn't realised that:eek:

·
Registered
11,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Well I only watched the first eight minutes or so but I'd say she makes a very competent speaker, for a woman:D

I know nothing of the background to any of this apart from what I've read here, in fact I know almost nothing about Australian politics at all but one thing did stand out from that clip and that was the calm and politeness of the chamber. By contrast, the TV cameras in the House of Commons here would be full of gurning members hurling abuse at one another as those they were still in boarding school.

Are all Australians that civilised, aren't you supposed to be a bunch of barely literate savages?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.