Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking at buying a new rocket 3 in Australia has anyone got some feed back on the dealers here will travel anywhere

Regards Volker[*]null

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Volker,

Unfortunately only negative feed back on the dealer in South Oz.

I love my Tiger but have even considered selling it and buying another Honda just so I would'nt have to deal with them again. (I've only had it 8 months!)

I got a fantastic deal when buying the bike but the after sales service is lousy, unreliable and expensive. :mad: I had been warned but the deal got the better of me.

Still the bike keeps a big grin on my face every single day but at first opportunity after warranty expiration I'll be going to a local guy for maintenanace that I can't do myself.

Team Moto in Vic are getting a few good comments passed on about them but I have no first hand knowledge of them.

·
Registered
783 Posts
JCS Motorcycles in Perth are exclusive Triumph dealers. They don't seem to have their own web page but.

JCS

·
Registered
181 Posts
not much good news from the 4 South East Queensland dealers either (Sunshine Coast/2 Brisbane/Gold Coast) if general consensus is anything to go by (some good stories, most blah, some bad). Thought Triumph dealers may be a cut above, but disappointingly not. At least the Gold Coast dealer provides a competative price though.

Good Luck with it all.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Eurotune in Queanbeyan, Anders is a top guy, rides old and new Triumphs and would ride to say 50 bike events a year. Puts many of the modern bike shops to shame with his active participation.

I haven't brought a bike off him, but he is definitely a saddle bum swag packing type and good to have a beer with.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hello Volker;

I can thoroughly recommend AJ's motorcycles in Shepparton.

Great customer service - including sending me a replacement screen when I claimed it under warranty, saving me the 400 km round trip to Shepparton from Melbourne.

Brett and Tom are brilliant to deal with.

All this, and I saved quite a few dollars by going there.

As for other Melbourne dealers - I would not bother going to Peter Stevens.

My 2c :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Give Whitehouse motor cycles a go in Albury.Good service and have always delivered as promised on every occasion.
Good blokes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the process of purchasing a 2007 America. I live between Melbourne and Bendigo. Was not impressed with Peter Stevens in the City but the Ringwood guys appeared to be helpful. I have not been to ABS Motorcycles in Bendigo yet. Shepparton is a bit far, 1.5hr drive, but could be worth it if the savings were there.

Comments on any of the above and any other recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Procycles in (south) Sydney are good but not the cheapest, and boy did they piss me off with the first service cost. However the standard of service and workmanship oozed quality and i am VERY fussy customer. A nameless shop in the north west area of Sydney just pissed me off with them bending my number plate to accommodate a plate shroud with their name on ... grrrrrr :evil: though the rest of the work was acceptable. The local shop in south west Sydney are still new to the game and are hopefully improving however my insurance assessor wanted nothing to do with them but would not give me a solid reason.

I guess I will just wait for the warranty to run out so I can do the spannering myself, no one else will look after me and mine better than myself :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Volker, I bought my T100 from Lloyd Chapman in Perth. No complaints from me, but I have noticed they are a bit stretched on sales resources. Best to go there late mornings mid week. I'm not working so have the luxury to do that.

I have also bought gear at JCS and find that they don't mind giving their 20c worth in answering customer questions. They don't seem to want trade ins and I have heard them more than once advising people to sell their bikes privately.

It'd be a nice ride this time of year to buy a bike in Perth and then take it to Broome!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can recommend Ride MC in Tamworth NSW, a Triumph, Honda & Yam dealer. Recently traded in my cruiser that I bought from them 3 years ago for a new'06 Tiger. Sales and service good enough that I don't mind the 2 hour ride to get there.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I heard they were ok too Joe. I'm in Brissy but I have family down that way.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Tassie Rocket

Mate,
Motorworks in Hobart tassie has a new black Rocket. I know he has sold bikes to the mainland before and gives the best deals and service. If you like give them a call 0362343888 and ask for Larry.

Cya The Tankman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts