Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw on the news tonight that you are having a very hot and dry summer, with lots of wild fires burning about down under. Are you all out of harms way? Carl

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nudie

Thanks for your thoughts, Al. Yes, we are having a rather sticky time of it, and not in a fun way either.

I live in a state similar to that of Florida in climate (Queensland) yet some of the States further away from the equator are having a more torrid experience then even us.

Personally, I enjoy our annual Christmas heatwave. It makes donning safety gear when riding a bit of a pain, but at least we don't need to winter proof our machines like some poor people do in the US or Europe.

It is always pleasing to discover folk on the other side of the world showing concern for their brothers/sister for the Triumph community.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Guys
I'm in Darwin at the top of Australia and we are in the middle of the wet season here. A tropical monsoon is hovering about at the moment and we are having a lot of rain. Our top temperature today is supposed to be 29 degrees celcius and it could well be the coolest capitol city temperature in Austrailia which is weird because we ate the closest to the equator. I don't think this has ever happened before. So the Bonnie is in the shed at the moment. Cheers Coopers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep Its warm here

Hey Guys..

I'm in Adelaide and we are into our 5th day of 40C+..
Apparently its going down to maybe 38 or 39 next week..better open the window and let the cool change in...Ha Ha
Gav

·
Registered
794 Posts
45 deg C (113F) in Melbourne today. Fires all around the state, and a major (550KV) power transformer blew up about 2Km from home today. No good for riding - the tar sticks to the tyres, and makes it hard to corner. No good trying to buy ice creams to cool down - see attached.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts