Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got my tank! Looking at it I was curious about a few things, how did you clean out the debris inside the tank? And wasnt it supposed to come with the petcock? Are there any tricks I should know about that you encountered when installing?
Wouldn't you know that when I finally give up and send the rest of the bike out to get painted the thing would show up out of the blue. HAHA, damn... i just love looking at the thing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
man im still waiting for my tank. from norman hyde though. been about 2 and a half months. lets see some pics!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I left the tank at work today, the bike is all tressed up and hanging from the rafters right now waiting on some other stuff. I will try to remember to bring my camera in tomorrow though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
who did you go to to get the frame painted? how much did they charge you? im in the area and would paint my frame if the price is right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm glad that you managed to get your tank, it gives me hope that I will receive mine soon - only been since October!!

Does it need any additional polishing? Also, can you just use the taps from your standard tank? How much have you gad to shorten your seat by to fit the tank?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey, I just got my tank! Looking at it I was curious about a few things, how did you clean out the debris inside the tank? And wasnt it supposed to come with the petcock? Are there any tricks I should know about that you encountered when installing?
Wouldn't you know that when I finally give up and send the rest of the bike out to get painted the thing would show up out of the blue. HAHA, damn... i just love looking at the thing.
Nice. Did you get the "slippery sam" one?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, gonna get steadfast on the scene, they are pretty reliable

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and Mark, keep the faith, but just so you know, I got no response for nearly 2 months until I gave up, I told them that I had moved on, and then It was ready in a week and they shipped it 3 day. Really pulling for you, but it does sound like Terry has been having a really hard go at life so...

Ride,

Yeah the slippery sam, looks great but unfortunately i just blew all my cash on getting the old tank, side covers and cowl painted solid black. I will get some pictures up as soon as i can find my damn cable for my camera.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts