Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
659 Posts
Those are just the hosted thumbnails, the cool thins is if you click them you can see the full images and scroll through them all at once like a slideshow.

Unfortunately, I do not think we have a way to expand them automatically in the thread at this time.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
659 Posts
Thumbnails are too small when inserted into a post. Can the site be modified so they show at twice the current size, maybe three-times current size?
Are you referring to older thumbnails or to new posts?

With new posts, it is not necessary to use thumbnails at all, unless you choose to do so.

Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!

- Cricket

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both old and new. Old threads were created with the expectation that attachments were bigger, those threads look silly with tiny thumbnails now. They are too small to really tell what they are.

I understand that I can insert full images, which will be as huge as they can be. What works better is thumbnails that are not full size, but big enough that you can tell what they are. So a user can scroll through the thread and see the images, and then click on a image to see it full size.

Right now the options are full size or too tiny. I want full size and reasonable size. Thumbnails that are 2-3 times larger than the current thumbnails.

·
Administrator
659 Posts
Unfortunately the thumbnails are auto sized to fit certain dimensions and criteria and not something we can affect now. Uploading new images will allow you to control this sizing, but the parameters of the thumbnails is intended to make users click into the image to see it larger without being too demanding within the threads. We can work towards developing this as an image sizing option, but this option sounds a bit amorphous at the moment, so help me understand how you want it to function and we can get that ball rolling :)

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is, thumbnails are too small to be useful. They should be about 2-3 times they are now. This would not be "too demanding within the threads". They seem to be constrained to 150x150 pixels now. 300 to 400 pixels would be a good start.

If you can't/won't change it then fine, but please do not accuse me of being unclear or "amorphorous", this is not a difficult concept and it shouldn't take me four separate posts before you guys understand the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts