Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a very very strong rumor about this? Any confirmation. I know they have been in trouble before. They have a posting on another forum they are trying sell everything by the end of the month.

·
Registered
63 Posts
But what's up with the OCC chopper?? $30,000!!!! Gee, would I rather have that or two, maybe three Triumphs?? Easy answer....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I talked to one of the ATD guys (name withheld) at the Road Atlanta race, and he said it was a credit issue. With the downturn in the credi-conomy Im not surprised. I also heard one of the sales reps wasnt liked by Triumph USA and that had something to do with it, but I doubt it. I do know one thing.... They will be missed.

PS im copyrighting "credi-conomy"....ill be rich!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heard a very very strong rumor about this? Any confirmation. I know they have been in trouble before. They have a posting on another forum they are trying sell everything by the end of the month.
Bummer - I was planning to take my bike there for the 12k service.
Anyone aware of other shops in the Atlanta or (LaGrange / Columbus) area that service that services Triumph?

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used ATD for my Street Triple's 6000 miles service and honestly, was not impressed with them.

Today I got an email from DUCSHOP Performance Center that have obtained ATD's customers list after the shop closing.

They offer a 10% discount and claim to have a couple of the best Triumph certified techs around.

I might give them a chance for my 12000 miles service or I will go to Moto400, which seem very friendly and reasonable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, the closing apparently happened very quickly. I drove by there on saturday and was shocked to find it closed. in fact, it looked like there weren't any bikes left, or anything else for that matter. sucks because they were only 5-10 minutes from my house. I, too, was on their e-mail list (though evidently didn't get the email they were closing ;). I did get the e-mail from the DUC shop. I do most of the work on the bike myself, but it was sure convenient to have ATD so close by...Looks like I'll need to rely upon the internet now for convenience...

·
Registered
214 Posts
MSP Cycles

MSP Cycle at 2500 Lawrenceville Highway in Decatur is an authorized Triumph repair shop. They don't sell bikes or accessories, but they can do your scheduled services.

Bummer - I was planning to take my bike there for the 12k service.
Anyone aware of other shops in the Atlanta or (LaGrange / Columbus) area that service that services Triumph?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Moto 400 is a great dealer, I do business with them all the time.

I have been to Moto 400 and found them very friendly also.

My question is how confident are you with them concerning performance mods, jetting, or otherwise sorting out issues other than routine maintenance?

I think they've only had Triumph for about a year and don't know how they are versed. ATD was good at such mods so I'm sorry to hear about them.

I'm in Alpharetta. Thanks.

Allen

·
Registered
192 Posts
Freedom Powersports on 41 in Kennesaw is now a Triumph dealer. They are currently getting in all the inventory from Triumph.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Called and visited Moto 400 and seems a nice enough place but the service guy must have been having a bad day. I went over my final list of accessories I wanted installed and he seemed put out by the whole affair. I do have a long todo list and did request some items to be installed a certain way but nothing oddball just some basic mount this light switch here sort of stuff. After we went over the list and I told him I had parts on hand we went in for scheduling and he started telling me how they were backed up, overbooked and didn't have XYZ person on staff to deal with some the installation. He told me they MIGHT have something open in September and it would be best to check back. Long story long, I would like to look elsewhere but the options are limited since Freewheeling will never get my business again after a botched dirt bike service (I mean REALLY botched).

Where else to try with service reps that do good work? Money really isn't an issue so I don't mind paying for quality and I certainly don't mind an independent. I did my own work for years but would really like to find someone or place that I trust to do the work for me as I just don't enjoy knuckle busting any more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I spoke with the freedom triumph tech, and he sounded nice & knowledgeable. I think that's where I go next b/c moto400 is too far for me. (At moto400, the actual tech seemed pretty cool, but it was the manager mister who seemed put out by my questions.) I had some basic stuff done at msp; they were nice to deal with, but I don't know that they can do triumph warranty/recall work.

No experience with freewheelin. I was told by each place that their triumph expert had worked at atlanta triumph ducati. Is that a good thing?

Called and visited Moto 400 and seems a nice enough place but the service guy must have been having a bad day. I went over my final list of accessories I wanted installed and he seemed put out by the whole affair. I do have a long todo list and did request some items to be installed a certain way but nothing oddball just some basic mount this light switch here sort of stuff. After we went over the list and I told him I had parts on hand we went in for scheduling and he started telling me how they were backed up, overbooked and didn't have XYZ person on staff to deal with some the installation. He told me they MIGHT have something open in September and it would be best to check back. Long story long, I would like to look elsewhere but the options are limited since Freewheeling will never get my business again after a botched dirt bike service (I mean REALLY botched).

Where else to try with service reps that do good work? Money really isn't an issue so I don't mind paying for quality and I certainly don't mind an independent. I did my own work for years but would really like to find someone or place that I trust to do the work for me as I just don't enjoy knuckle busting any more.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I agree about the service manager Moto400. Everyone seems interested but him. It seems like customers with questions irritate him.

If it's not too far try HFD1 Motorsports. They have a website. Most knowledgeable group I've found.

Allen

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well sounds like my experience with Moto400 was business as usual. Strange for a newer shop. I am used to Atlanta Motor World who has one of the best Service Managers as far as customer service skills.

Freedom is way out there for me. I may end up making that drive and probably would if I knew more about their reputation.

HFD1 are supposed to be excellent, but I called during normal business hours, got voicemail, left a message and nobody called me back. Plus I need a lot of accessories installed and they don't seem like the crowd that does that. Would probably have gone with them if they called back though. I might try them again.

MSP is my next stop. I am not in a huge hurry as I have a couple more odds and ends to sort out on my bike before it goes in for the big overhaul, but I will probably give them a shout and see if they can help.

I did run into a guy called Calvo who is supposed to be good at this stuff, but no Triumph experience that I know of which puts him pretty far down my list: http://sevom.com/icracing821/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I also heard British in the City is supposed to be outstanding, but I think they only work on vintage. http://britishinthecity.com/

Any others that should be on my list to contact please chime in.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've gotten voice mail occasionally when I called to check on my bike too. It seems like it's mostly because every employee works on bikes and there is no receptionist. I have always ended up getting through and they do answer email at the end of every day. Says they answer txt messages too, but I don't know that from experience.

I didn't make an appoinment. Just brought my bike and parts with me and had a print out of what I wanted them to do: Dyno/rejet, install intiminators, install new shocks, etc. They called me back in three days with the bike done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts