Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Since joining you lot here on the forums, I have gotten a little carried away with engine mods.

- Airbox Baffle And Snorkel Removed, K&N Air filter installed
- Cone Eng Shorty Performer Slipons installed
- O2 Sensor removal kit on the way (but not installed)
- AI removal kit on the way (but not installed)

My main issue is I have no idea where to get a OBD2 cable in Canada. I have looked all over and not found something i can be somewhat sure works.
I also don't have a Windows computer. But i do have a mac running windows. TTP tune is going to be tough.

So my question is, do i need a tune after just the airbox and slip on mods?
And if I remove the O2 sensor will that throw an error which can be fixed with just TuneECU?
And the AI? will that also throw errors? Or just have the bike run a little rich on idle without a tune?

Sorry I am a little clueless, just started on the journey of bike mods and maybe have bitten off a little more than I can chew.

Cheers,
SImon

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
In short, yes you’ll need a tune. These bikes run lean from the factory and removing the baffle, opening the air box and adding slip ons is only going to make it run even more lean. The tune will richen up the air/fuel mixture for you. Hope that helps, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went for a TTP tune after doing pretty much what you have done/doing.
It cost a bit but well worth every penny/cent.
Makes the bike run like a dream [or as it should have originally]
P.S. like you I don't do windows just linux, but got an old pre-loved win 7 laptop to do the TTP install..

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

It looks like I will just have to keep an eye on ebay for a really cheap windows computer and go the TTP tune route.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wonder if the all the bright blue cables are the real "OBD2" type with the proper chips inside, as I just sold my Thruxton to a fellow with a bright blue cable that I hope is suitable. A friend who sold his 1050 Tiger gave it to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
you should have buy the cable from ttp, but if you go to addison in montreal i am sure you can find one.

and you should retune.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Simon,

Im down here in Nova Scotia I used a generic OBD2 to USB cable from ebay I believe ....tried looking for where I bought it but its been a couple of years. I can take a pic when I get home tonight and see if there is a manufacturing name on it. It worked fine with an older Win7 laptop. My riding buddy used an OBD2 to Bluetooth and the TTP app for Iphone to do his 2014 Thruxton. Worked well too. Its worth the small investment as its nice to sync the throttle bodies once in a while even tho you are not changing maps very often.

Psy

Ps... Where did you order the Cone engenering slipons from. Looking to replace my TORS.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts