Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
What would be a fair asking price for a '99 Daytona with 11,500 miles? The bike is yellow, has a Triumph carbon fiber exhaust, rear fender kit, and is in great shape. There are a few scratches here and there but nothing terrible. The valves have not been looked at yet. Would that dictate the end price? Any ideas? Any takers?

Thanks,
Andrejs R.

[ This message was edited by: andre955 on 2006-12-17 19:53 ]

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got 5 bucks burning a hole in my pocket......good enough?!?!? :-D

lol, seriously, the mileage is low for the year...but it IS a 7 y/o bike now, an to the average buyer, that is a big factor.

Just my opinion, but I'd start around $4000 and see where it goes from there.

Then again, as my Dad always said, "There's an ass for every seat." :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Having just had the 12K mile service performed on my bike, you can expect to pay somewhere between $400 and $1,500 depending on what dealer's service dept. you use. I paid $400 so guess I'm lucky for a change.

Yeah I'd mention the 12K mile service interval to the seller. If you didn't already know, the 12K service involves checking the valve clearances, synchronising the throttle bodies, oil and filter change, new air filter and plugs, new fork oil, new fuel filter, checking the steering head bearing and wheel bearings. I'd definitely want the seller to knock off at least $600 unless the bike's already priced below market due to the time of year.

Oh yeah, I paid $3,600 for my '98 Daytona this past summer. It came with a Powermax undertail exhaust system and several other extras but did not have the 12K service and needed new rear tire. In hindsight I probably should have negotiated harder, but once I rode the bike I knew it was all over. :razz:

[ This message was edited by: soonerfan85 on 2006-11-28 06:54 ]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey dude, i just bought an immaculate 2003 with 5k on it for 5500. I know its more but that 1500 is well spent. you get fuel injection(2002 onward) and a a whole lot more power. It looks nicer too in my opinion.
I would look around patiently, especially this time of year, because someone will be selling what you want and they wont be getting many offers. Be patient, what you really want is out there for the right price. Trust me, I got exactly what I wanted, color and everything for less than I expected.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Err, they're all (meaning Daytonas) fuel injected from 97 on :hammer: :-D .
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Here about £1800 quid I reckon of the top of me head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are looking to find a good asking price you should check www.nada.com and follow the correct links this is a very accurate way to determine what you should expect to get. If you want a suggested asking price you should use www. kbb.com (kelly blue book)

·
Registered
138 Posts
On 2006-12-09 00:02, trafficfixr wrote:
On 2006-12-08 01:03, lee955i wrote:
Err, they're all (meaning Daytonas) fuel injected from 97 on :hammer: :-D .
Cheers, Lee S.
oh my bad, i had a sprint before the Tona, and the Sprints didnt get fuel injection till 2002. I thought that applied to all the 955's. my bad.
If you had an 885cc sprint (T3 architecture, spine frame), it was carbed. All of the 955cc Sprints have been FI'd since their inception, including the ST and RS's :-D .
Cheers, Lee S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts