Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the Arrow's round exhaust's mid-pipe to the Triumph branded arrows oval slip-ons, if yes... Can you please post a picture??? I want to see how the fit on the bike and I will like to try to fit it on mine. part # 71370MI for 2007-2010

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Setup with out-of-the-box parts:

I did not like how the cans sat a bit too wide and forward. Setup after welding ~45mm long extensions to midpipe, bending brackets in a vice and powdercoating of brackets:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Martin_R

I see what you mean when you installed it in the first picture.

I want to keep the dual look, but I want to get rid of the stock mid-pipe and my only option was that mid-pipe since I have the arrow slip-ons. I was also considering the MIVV GP pipe as an option to get rid of the mid-pipe but there goes the Dual exhaust look, since the arrow full system is way to much.

Thank you for taking your time in posting the pictures Martin_R

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes thanks for posting the pic Martin,although its not very clear as we can only see half of her face... ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Martin.

Do I have to change the map if I change the midpipe or do I keep the arrow dual map???

And where can I buy the arrows midpipe?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Do I have to change the map if I change the midpipe or do I keep the arrow dual map???
Arrow dual map is the closest match from factory offerings. For better match you need a one-off job at your local dyno shop.

And where can I buy the arrows midpipe?
Any Arrow (not Triumph) reseller should be able to order you one. I bought mine from Red Racing, but cannot recommend them. They are very slow on delivering parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Arrow dual map is the closest match from factory offerings. For better match you need a one-off job at your local dyno shop.

Any Arrow (not Triumph) reseller should be able to order you one. I bought mine from Red Racing, but cannot recommend them. They are very slow on delivering parts.
I second that... I was going to go the arrow mid-pipe/slip-ons route like Martin and had ordered the mid-pipe through red racing. After 10 weeks and lots of "part will be shipping soon" emails, i ended up canceling the order and went with the arrow 3-1 instead. Still waiting on a refund from RR after nearly a month.

- Morgan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
British custom has them for $250. Im going to order them soon and install them as soon as I get them

Since I have a 2007 I might not have the same problem as you with pipe being too short since the 2007 is a shorter end. We'll see when I get them

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Since I have a 2007 I might not have the same problem as you with pipe being too short since the 2007 is a shorter end. We'll see when I get them
Yes, that is true. I had the older Arrow midpipe on my old 2005 bike and did not weld any extensions then.

I seem to only have this dark pic of the old girl in my Photobucket, but the cans seem to be a bit better in sync with the lines of the tail:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts