Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm soon going to purchase a new exhaust but cant make my mind up out of these two, any pros or cons? at the moment the Chain reaction is in favour. I know these are two completely different types but i like them both.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Man, that's a tough call.

I think you're going to be quite pleased either way.

As you know, they look totally different on the bike. I personally like the look of two cans shooting out the back, but that's just me.

I'd guess the Arrow single can may be a few pounds lighter, and they are probably super close as far as HP benefits go.

I'd just pick one based on what looks best to you and go for it. Plus, wouldn't you save about $400 with the Chain Reaction set-up??? $800ish VS. $1,200ish......

You could get a Tuneboy or PowerCommander with the extra cash and blow the Arrow exhaust outta the water!

JOHN

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
I agree it's a tough call, I love the chainreaction exhaust, but I like some of the single cans myself. I just had to make a similiar decision, and have a new exhaust on the way!!! :wink: :-D

·
Registered
436 Posts
If money is no obstacle get the Arrow low mount. The dealers will have a tune for it negating the need for a PCIII or Tuneboy, no warranty issues, and its a full system that looks just bitchin. Resale will be good on it also should you want to sell later.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Since every sport bike manufacturer is doing low mount as stock, I went with Bob's Chain reaction and never looked back.

They fit the lines of the bike, The sound is perfect and I love the fact that they need no label on the cans for them to be very cool.

I love saying... There custom.

I have a friend who told me he ordered the Arrow, He hasn't seen mine yet and I haven't told him... I have a broke hand and can't ride, And describing the system doesn't do them justice... I can't wait to see his face, He is a true hooligan, But the Arrow has a bling factor that Bob's does not have...
He detests bling, Now I can flame him on how shiny his exhaust is. :flam:

What I do like about the Arrow is the full system... But the price... :wow:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'd get the M4 in carbon fiber before the Arrow, but I like the squids, too. I have decided that what I _really_ need is two Speed Triples - one with each exhaust :chug:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Cheap, ya gotta do somethin about that pic. I cant watch it without cringing. Makes my knees feel funny.

I personally plan on getting the Carbon oval half system from Wolf Racing/ Trident Exhaust.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm even more undecided now guys, i guess it might come down to how much cash i can spare. Cheap,what can did you go for in the end?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Don't get me wrong cheap, i'm patiently waiting. I have a feeling your doing the same thing I have planned for this winter, I'm waiting to see how much you did it all for. Now that the snow has fallen I ought to get busy. I'll tell you now though, I plan on buying an exhaust from bucket. The rest I'll save for the pictures. :-D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
the weight difference from switching to a low mount stubby pipe (cough*m4*cough) is incredible. i'd never go back to the high mount exhausts ever again. it's just too much of a difference. it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Has anybody wrapped their S3 headers? Photo please?

kjazz

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would agree that squids exhaust totally sexifies speedys lines, plus the 'ole pricey pricey factor... I can only dream of the day I can get mine- for now I get cheaps eagle's. Wonder what he's gettin... I'll cry if they're chainreactions!!!! :-D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do the Chain Reaction cans ^^^ come Black like that or are people painting them? I know the pipes have been painted, but I don't want the cans if I have to paint or have them anodized.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-11-29 20:15, jh225 wrote:
Do the Chain Reaction cans ^^^ come Black like that or are people painting them? I know the pipes have been painted, but I don't want the cans if I have to paint or have them anodized.
The cans come in the black. The pipes in those pictures have been ceramic coated.

Mine are due tomorrow! Hurray! Then off to the coating people. Boo! More waiting. Tuneboy due on monday. ARGHHHH! Why can't it all be done with?

I guess I wouldn't be riding anyway. Freezing rain due tonight.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts