Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a wee bit of help. I had the arrow slip-ons fitted to my Street this week - wasn't sure it would be worth the spend, but let's just say as soon as I fired the bike up outside the dealer's, any fears were put to rest. It sounds AWESOME...

BUT - in some of the forums around here, it looks like the baffles are fitted with clearly visible circular clips - I can't see those in my pipes. All I can see is the exhaust hole, with a perforated tube inside it and a metal 'rim'. Is this the baffle? Is it possible that the dealer has to fit the baffles and has forgotten, or do the cans come with baffles already installed? The bike is nice and loud and pops a bit when decelerating on a closed throttle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have Arrows on my bike and I would think from from your post that the baffles are out, because you shouldn't be able to see down the exhausts with them in

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Case solved - yes, the dealer had removed the baffles - they are sitting in a box waiting for me in the workshop. Had to ask though! Next question - do I put them in? I think not, until MOT time at least :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
If the dealer removed the baffles, hopefully they downloaded the Arrow tune and you are good to go. A quick call back to talk with the tech that installed the cans should confirm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes - I specifically asked about the tune when I picked up the bike - but didn't even check the baffles as I assumed they would have left them in (given that technically I believe I was breaking the law to ride off without them installed, no?)
Thanks for all your help. Bikers truly are amongst the nicest group of people on the planet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same problem where the dealer removed them and didn't give them to me, but a quick phone call and they shipped them out to me. I don't understand why they didn't just give them to me in the first place....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts