Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im standing here trying to deicide between the arrow system or the triumph original looking exhaust. Is it a big difference from the stock ones?
I really love the look of the stock ones but they are a little quiet.
I´ve heard the sound of the arrow 3-1 system and loved it. Im not sure about the look though. Is the triumph cans anywhere near?
I know you´re gonna say no but it´s a complete waste to buy the stock looking ones? Does anybody here have them?
I can´t make up my mind... :???:

[ This message was edited by: Fenster on 2007-02-06 13:23 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
I've had the TORs, they aren't that much louder than stock, but then again they aren't gonna set ya back as bad as the Arrow. If yer not worried about the $$$, go with Arrow. :-D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The Triumph Off-Road Silencers and tune make a nice improvement in power and sound over stock. But the sound is still "muted".

I can't compare them to the Arrow, as I have not heard the Arrow in person. But compared to the Trident, the TORS are a good bit quieter, and a touck raspier than the Trident's deeper tone.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you want TORS i have a set with Mesh type billet shields + originals for £100

[ This message was edited by: Spendthrift on 2007-02-06 13:52 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The Triumph TOR cans are too quiet. I have a set hardly used. PM me if you're interested. I find the Zard better.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Go with the chainreaction pipes loud and sexy :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the thing is that I do care about the money..but Im also a bit worried about the bike being TO loud. Since it´s against the law here to have a bike that sounds to much. But as I said...I want it to be a bit louder than now...so if it´s a noticable difference Im happy...

And maybe this is a stupid question but if I buy the TORs, is it a easy fix? I only have to change the cans...not the complete thing like on the arrowsystem?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Its an easy fix for the Tors, just clamp on 10min job. I liked my Tors when I had 'em. worth the money.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
On 2007-02-06 14:11, Fenster wrote:
But as I said...I want it to be a bit louder than now...so if it´s a noticable difference Im happy...
Yes, the difference is noticeable. Good buy in my opinion as I do not like the single low can setup visually. Low mount cans make the rear look too skinny.

The other high mount option would be the oldsquid pipes popular here, but like you said, they are probably too loud for us Nordic folk to ride with without being constantly harassed by the police.

And maybe this is a stupid question but if I buy the TORs, is it a easy fix? I only have to change the cans...not the complete thing like on the arrowsystem?
Plug & play. Few bolt off, new cans in and you are good to go. Remember to pop by your local dealer and have the ECU map changed to match the cans. Otherwise the bike will run like ***** and backfire a lot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spendthrift:
So you had a pair left over? Im not sure what the mesh thing was...but it´s looks like the original? Seems like a good price, and they where easy to fiT? But i still have to go to the dealer to tune it for the new silencers right?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Dealer will put tune in. Don't let 'em charge too much though, again it only takes them 10-20 mins.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
P.S I had a few drunken nights in Gothenburg many moons ago. :-D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so you´re the drunk who tried to steal my bike? :-D
Nice city though...if you only could remember :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts