Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the new low single exhaust which a lot of you rave about, I'm still a fan of the dual high mounted arrow exhaust (either carbon or titanium) and plan to purchase it, but have a few questions for those who own this system.

1. Where in the states can I get one from?
2. Price (just canisters vs. half system)?
2. Any notable differences (e.g., sound, performance) between getting just the canisters as opposed to the half system?
3. Does installing the half system require welding or is it just screwing?
4. Can one get by just with the exhaust modification, or is fuel injection modification recommended (e.g., tuneboy, pc III)? What would be the difference?
5. How loud is it compared to stock (canisters vs. half system)?

Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
limey's world...

:2guns: :flam: :hammer: :jest: :kck: :knkknk: :nana: :pkit: :moon: :upthumb:

“Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.”

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yeah, but the rides free and you don't have to be a certain height to join in. Thats why tekmoe is still here. :-D :hammer: :mad: :razz: :cool: :evil: :( :yayyy: :-g :eek: :hammer: :brk: :2guns: :clap: :assim: :bday: :jest: :kck: :knkknk: :lalala: :lgh: :moon: :nana: :shy: :huh: :-| :clown: :) :) :razz: :idea: :cry: :hihi: :hihi: :eek: :thump:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
uh oh.....Limeys been smokin' them funny cigarettes again!

·
Registered
182 Posts
On 2006-11-28 23:34, bruiser06 wrote:
Despite the new low single exhaust which a lot of you rave about, I'm still a fan of the dual high mounted arrow exhaust (either carbon or titanium) and plan to purchase it, but have a few questions for those who own this system.

2. Any notable differences (e.g., sound, performance) between getting just the canisters as opposed to the half system?
4. Can one get by just with the exhaust modification, or is fuel injection modification recommended (e.g., tuneboy, pc III)? What would be the difference?

Have got carbon half system on my speedy:-
1. cant help
2. mid pipe cost approx £120 - system was £700
3. sounds good but not 'upset neighbours' loud without baffles
4. system fits together using spring retainers - easy - use cable ties to stretch them into position
5. will run mithout mods, but I have had tors map loaded - makes it a lot crisper - especially with k and n filter or bmc
6. see 3

Quality was excellent by the way - worth taking a bit of time to get cans positioned properly - washing up liquid on mounts helps with adjustments

Hope this helps
:-D

·
Banned
798 Posts
On 2006-11-28 23:34, bruiser06 wrote:

Bruiser, apparently, according to your list above, you've discovered a new number between 2 & 3. Excellent work!! I've heard of it's existence many times and have imagined it's mathmatical effects while in bed with my wife from time to time. I'd suggest naming it and getting a new character representation soon before someone else names it something like "Bleen" (ala Geoge Carlin).

kjazz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks oldman for your thoughts.

thank you kwajazz for your diligent effort in pointing out my cryptic research on numerology. what would the world be without your keen observational skills?

you, limey, and legman are true gems! :moon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts