Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the arrow 2-2 kit used off eBay. Theyre in good used shape with a few dents on the under side. Theyre loud as can be and sound great except when the throttle closes I get a slight whistle coming from the tips. The main body of the can is a seperate from the tip. It looks like the can is slightly out of round where it meets the tip( possibly from the dents) which creates a small gap where I believe the whistling is coming from. I'm curious as to how to seal the gap. The main issue is that I had the whole kit ceramic coated black so I don't want to effect the finish. Any advice? Thanks all

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha moogs. Da whistles go wooooo! It's not that crazy. Just a bit annoying. I thought about using high temp silicone but don't want to make a mess. The gap is maybe a sixteenth of an inch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take an aluminum beer can and some tin snips. Cut a couple of strips out of the can and wrap them around the pipes then slip on the exhaust. The high tempsilicone also helps to fill the gaps and hold it in place.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. A beer can? Sounds ratty/awesome. Anyone know of any black high temp silicone? The stuff I used for the header/can joint was red and dried clear

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you seat the slip ons carefully neither the aluminum strips nor the silicone sealer will show. The strips don't need to be very wide, you're just trying to fill the gaps.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Don't use tape or aluminum cans. Just take it to the nearest muffle/exhaust shop and have them reshape the silencer opening. They have tools that will do the job easily and quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts