Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got My 2008 back with the Arrow set up.. Wow. worth every penny. However..
Had a dealer do the mapping as they said the had access to mapping that only a dealer could get. It seems to be runnning a tad rich, lots of carbon collecting in the exhaust if you stick your finger in the end. Has any one instaled a new airbox? Hows it working.
Cheers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome v1gordo!

My 08 is the same, I would say that this is normal - better to be a bit rich than a bit lean. I suppose the problem is that the map your dealer puts in is a generic map for the 3-1, it will never be as good as a full custom tune

·
Registered
826 Posts
is the only mods made the tune and the exhaust? dealer told me the arrow tune was designed for 3-1 with a high flow filter such as K&N fitted, if not, this may be the issue. And although rich is better than lean, you def still want it spot on if possible, dont want to wash it out..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Interesting, I had not heard that the dealer tune for the pipe was for the Arrow with a filter.

I had heard that it was for the specific Arrow pipe however.

I recently added a K&N filter, and was a little worried that the bike might run a little lean as a result. I've only ridden 500 miles since the air filter went in, and so I can't tell if this has helped yet.

I'll clean the inside of the pipe with a rag and let you know after next weekend the extent carbon buld up.

What I can tell you is that there is an enhanced induction noise with the filter. Yesterday, I went out for my Sunday blast and forgot my earplugs. I was blasting up a hill, and heard this roar. It scared me at first, thinking another bike was beside me. I finally figured it out and to my delight it was me.

P.S. I love the pipe as well.
Tip: Make sure you wipe any water spots off of it after washing. You do not want to start it up with water drops on the pipe or it will leave spots on the finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts