Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Speed Triple (white) with Triumphs T.O.S exhaust. Been wanting for some time to get the Arrow 3 into 1.
Ok, now that I have money in hand, I am having second thoughts about spending that much money on a exhaust that I am guessing will not give me much of a power gain over my T.O.R.
I am aware of the weight savings and improvements that will come with that.
Guess I am just fishing for more reasons to go ahead and order one.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Less power down low with 3-1. A hair more up top.

I prefer low to mid rev grunt to high end howl, but that's a matter of preference I guess.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was a little disappointed with mine when I got, then my dealer put the right non SAI tune in and now it's much better. Still plenty enough low down (mind you I have gone to a 44 tooth rear sprocket) but when the tacho hits about 7k best hold on tight! Oh and it looks and sounds great.
To be fair though if the exhaust hadn't already been on the bike when I got it I don't know if I'd have bought the Arrow or just gone for a Mivv or similar.
And I've never ridden an S3 with std cans so maybe I'm not the right person to ask though nothing has ever come past me til about 125mph:D (Obviously only on the race track Officer!:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2007 Speed Triple (white) with Triumphs T.O.S exhaust. Been wanting for some time to get the Arrow 3 into 1.
Ok, now that I have money in hand, I am having second thoughts about spending that much money on a exhaust that I am guessing will not give me much of a power gain over my T.O.R.
I am aware of the weight savings and improvements that will come with that.
Guess I am just fishing for more reasons to go ahead and order one.
In my opinion, I have tried a few different systems and I feel that a Good half system and removal of the pre-cat is the best setup, with a good custom tune. I also prefer the look of two cans vs a little stubby.:)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise..........something more to think about.
As much as I like the looks of the stock T.O.R system. My analytical mind tells me I would prefer a 3 into one exhaust but on the other hand the other part of me says T.O.R.
My dealer has a 3 into 1 leo Vance slip on for a whole lot less money that he love to sell. It has kind of a matt coating that doesn't thrill me though. Think I will just keep looking, maybe spend a few more min. of my time browsing in the exhaust thread here on our foram.
God, looking to upgrade this bike has become a sickness..............LOL.

·
Registered
936 Posts
As much as I like the looks of the stock T.O.R system. My analytical mind tells me I would prefer a 3 into one exhaust but on the other hand the other part of me says T.O.R.
My dealer has a 3 into 1 leo Vance slip on for a whole lot less money that he love to sell. It has kind of a matt coating that doesn't thrill me though. Think I will just keep looking, maybe spend a few more min. of my time browsing in the exhaust thread here on our foram.
A sickness it is!! Just start doing stuff the bike can actually benefit from instead of starting with the bling.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Check this out. It's a half system with a stainless steal mid pipe that is better flowing. Quality exhaust. This makes more power than TORS and you wont lose low end.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150316142734

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an '06 S3, that was hit from behind by a car. This put a dent in the end of both stock cans. Since the insurance was paying for a new exhaust, I opted for the Arrow 3-1 system. Some impressions:
- I did notice the weight difference right away. The weight being down low feels a lot better.
- The sound is great, especially 5,000 rpm and up.
- I didn't notice any difference in low or mid-range power.
- I think my gas mileage has gone down a bit. It may be because I tend to be a little harder on the throttle, or because of the cold weather, or a different gasoline blend during the cold weather. Don't know.
- You can't take off the rear wheel without taking off the low can and the mid pipe. This makes the normal one minute job of removing the rear wheel to 10 minutes of screwing with the exhaust.

All in all, I like the low mount, but I wouldn't have spent my own money - just the insurance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Arrow thoughts

I couldnt think of a reason not to have my Arrow... Less weight up, high, more power, looks better, makes luggage additions easier.. 2up is better for my girl as no exhaust close and sounds awesome....

It was the best addition I have made...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts