Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a listen to this sound clip of the new Arrow system. Sounds pretty cool to me although maybe a bit synthetic (sounds like it was f***d with a bit) Take a listen and let us know what you think. Either way I would like to get this on to my Speedy

New Arrow 3-1 sound

·
Registered
83 Posts
That sounds pretty good, looking forward to it coming out in the US. I see it is for sale on a couple of web sites in Europe but it hasn't hit the US yet. Where did you get that sound clip?

Anyone have a sound clip of the Zard full system for a comparison?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds very sweet to me, very similar to the 675 Arrow system starts with a rumble and as the revs increase turns into a screaming banshee - yes please :hammer: :bow:

I got this from the arrow website.

What sites other than Jack Lilley are offering the Arrow?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like this exhaust and since its going to be a triumph accessory I am sure that it will come with a triumph map available also from the dealer negating the need for tuneboy or PCIII.

If the price point is reasonable it should do well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That sounds so SWEET....... How come my 02 S3 don't sound like that ?

·
Registered
885 Posts
On 2006-11-13 11:30, FarsideMichael wrote:
Sounds pretty cool to me although maybe a bit synthetic (sounds like it was f***d with a bit) Take a listen and let us know what you think.
New Arrow 3-1 sound
Since when did the Speed Triple get a 7-speed gearbox...???
He starts in first, count the shifts..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2006-11-13 13:44, spindlbeak wrote:
FarsideMichael,

The other site I saw the Arrow exhaust on was:

http://www.windycorner.co.uk/shop/section.php?xSec=12

Looks like they have quite a bit of stuff for the S3.
Thanks Spindlbeak their price are same as Jack Lilley they don't say if they have stock or if it's for preorder. My dealer has no info from Triumph at all!? Theay say availibility only Jan '07 hmmmm

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2006-11-13 12:52, Dobieman wrote:
I like this exhaust and since its going to be a triumph accessory I am sure that it will come with a triumph map available also from the dealer negating the need for tuneboy or PCIII.

If the price point is reasonable it should do well.
They are going to be high dollar I believe.
You certainly could get by with the dealer /factory tunes OK. The street/dyno tells the tale. Ever see a real ZARD (not manufacturer sponsored) Dyno run?? Me either. No power there, just play pretty. You will be better off with the Triumph set up.
Don't think for a minute the Tune Boy isnt a long way ahead of theTriumph tunes your dealer can put on the bike. My bike would not be close to runniing the way it does if it were'nt for the Tune Boy set ups. Increase rpm 550 to 9950 redline and set the timing ,
fueling etc. all the way throught the rev range. Electronic tuning is a good way to get more for less. The factory tunes are good BUT there is a better way...... would get the Triumph pipe and if at all possible one of the electronic tune kits available and some dyno time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are going to be high dollar I believe.
Arrow 3:1 exhaust system

Stainless Steel System with Titanium Silencer Over 8kg weight saving Lowers centre of gravity and improves handling Improved torque throughout the range with 4ps increase to peak power For off road use

That is a quote from the blurb on the pipe. Price - you're right top buck 800 pounds or +-$1400 US Ouch! But I want it I think it looks the dogs knackers

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1

But then again, $1400 US for only 4 or 5 HP seems like alot of cash for what you get. I assume you can get the same results from a slip-on for under $1000. It does look really good though. Hopefully, you can squeeze out a little more HP with a Tuneboy or PCIII. That brings up another issue. Say the pipes come out in Jan 2007, do you think Tuneboy or PCIII people will come out with a tune or map at the same time? If not, I guess we have no choice but to go with the Triumph map for the stock ECU or bring it straight to the PCIII tuners unless you can dial it in yourself.

·
Registered
973 Posts
On 2006-11-13 13:47, bluesjeans wrote:
On 2006-11-13 11:30, FarsideMichael wrote:
Sounds pretty cool to me although maybe a bit synthetic (sounds like it was f***d with a bit) Take a listen and let us know what you think.
New Arrow 3-1 sound
Since when did the Speed Triple get a 7-speed gearbox...???
He starts in first, count the shifts..
Yup, six shifts, seven speeds. Sounds like it was definitely messed with. The way it fade in and out with each gear change. i do like the way it sounds though. I wonder, since this is NOT going to be considered an offroad pipe, will it come with an offroad baffle? I especially like the sound of the straight cut gears.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Triumphs web site shows this at $1299 and available Jan 07 from dealers. It is for off road use only. Doesn't mention anything about a tune but its gotta have one. Sound clip is there also.

Clicky

Its allot of money especially when I think $350-500 for a slip on (M4 or Zard) plus $259.00 for PCIII with a (zard) map already loaded = less than $800 is the full system worth the other $500-600
:???:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On 2006-11-14 16:30, Dobieman wrote:
Triumphs web site shows this at $1299 and available Jan 07 from dealers. It is for off road use only. Doesn't mention anything about a tune but its gotta have one. Sound clip is there also.

Clicky

Its allot of money especially when I think $350-500 for a slip on (M4 or Zard) plus $259.00 for PCIII with a (zard) map already loaded = less than $800 is the full system worth the other $500-600
:???:
I'm sure it includes a tune (couldn't find the sound clip is it the same as the Arrow website one I posted?)

It is very expensive but then Triumph are (in)famous for expensive aftermarket goodies. I like the look of it it's Triumph developed so may have less s*t with it. On my old speed triple (2001) I had Yoshi pipes they sound absolutely AMAZING by far the best sounding Triumph EVER, but it had flat spots that I couldnt get rid of and was right pain in the neck. I'm saving for one now. :-D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah it was the same clip.

I will wait until after the first of the year then approach my dealer about this exhaust / tune set up.

It does replace that ugly stock header pipe and looks the best of any system I think. Combine that with no need for PCIII or tuneboy along with expensive dyno tuning it may be the way to go. Should be easy to remove and return to stock later if you want to sell it. No BS from Triumph on warranty issues either.

My wallets in for some pain with this bike for sure :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On 2006-11-15 16:39, TonUp wrote:
I was hoping for it to be a little louder. It sounds pretty good.

Ton Up! :cool:
I might be wrong in saying this but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it will have a removable baffle so it may be a bit (lot) louder, which of course would make it even cooler and more appealing. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts