·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am trying to decide between the following exhausts:

1. Triumph special ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM
2. SouthBay Dominator Exhaust - SPORT

I have heard the ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM (with the baffles removed) on an EFI Bonnie, and I would have to say that I have not heard a louder exhaust system! It is awesome.

Does anyone have the ARROW on their Bonnie?

Will the ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM suit an old school cafe'd Bonnie?

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know about the Arrows, but I have the Dom Sports, and they are amazing and perfect. Can't go wrong with them and they add 5 or 6 hp at the rear wheel . . .

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What's the difference ? About 400$ . :D

I believe the Arrow is a full exhaust though .

But the best one out there overall ( going from TORs and Preds ) is the Bubs . 600$ for the full system . It's the lightest , the loudest and best sounding and best overall performer . Just sayin , .:cool:

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
What's the difference ? About 400$ . :D

I believe the Arrow is a full exhaust though .

But the best one out there overall ( going from TORs and Preds ) is the Bubs . 600$ for the full system . It's the lightest , the loudest and best sounding and best overall performer . Just sayin , .:cool:
there are better pipes out there for the money then bubs that make more hp D&D 2INTO1 AND 2INTO2 full race make more hp

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actually just finished installing a set of Arrow 2 into 2's today, and even with the baffles in, they sound killer. I'll have to do some tuning when I remove them, but right now I can already feel a performance gain.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Whats with the weird kink in that left hand side pic?I'm sure the Arrow is top quality stuff but that kink is disturbing..

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
I actually just finished installing a set of Arrow 2 into 2's today, and even with the baffles in, they sound killer. I'll have to do some tuning when I remove them, but right now I can already feel a performance gain.
They look great. I was wondering what they looked like. I run an Arrow 2 into 1 and really like it allot. Easy to maintain and just a really well built system. Can I asked what you paid for them.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all

I am trying to decide between the following exhausts:

1. Triumph special ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM
2. SouthBay Dominator Exhaust - SPORT

I have heard the ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM (with the baffles removed) on an EFI Bonnie, and I would have to say that I have not heard a louder exhaust system! It is awesome.

Does anyone have the ARROW on their Bonnie?

Will the ARROW 2 INTO 2 EXHAUST SYSTEM suit an old school cafe'd Bonnie?

Cheers,
Dave
Hello Dave;
Both systems will suit your bike.
The Arrow is a full system,lighter than the Bonneville headers with Dominators Sports.
The Dominator Sports are louder than the Arrow with the DB killer removed.
The Arrow system cost twice than the Dominators.
The Dominators make 2 more RWHP than the Arrow full system.
We sell both the Arrow and the Dominators.( South Bay Triumph- Triumph Performance USA)
PM me or call me if you like to have more information about both.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whats with the weird kink in that left hand side pic?I'm sure the Arrow is top quality stuff but that kink is disturbing..
Do you really think that little kink is going to make a substantial impact on power or flow?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the Arrow 2-into-1 exhaust on my '08 T-100.
BTW, center stand will not fit, and the classic leather saddlebags got some heat damage the first two days, before I wired it up a little higher.
I tried to remove the baffles and no go. Removed the screws and a spot weld tab appeared to hold the baffle in. I cut that off with my dremel, the baffle still does not budge. My dealer wasn't any help. I looked on the net, and it seemed to me the manufacturer made some mods from earlier years. I have dialup, so research is painstaking, but I found no solution.
Still would like to take them out if anyone has any ideas.
Taking out the screws on the end did not release cone/cap. I'm thinking that is the key, but it doesn't seem to want to budge.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
there are better pipes out there for the money then bubs that make more hp D&D 2INTO1 AND 2INTO2 full race make more hp
The D&Ds are okay . Quality's dropped since the 90s. They tend to blow out their own packing . The underbelly race exhausts tend to drag ( or at least the first ones did ) . One guy in one of the clubs I ride with has D&Ds on his Thruxton and at the time I had my Preds . After comparing the BC Preds are a lot better . I'd say that's opinion though. PErformance wise Preds and D&Ds are about the same . Bubs Spec Spares TTs and Zards however are more freeflowing . But for quality and $$ the Bubs .

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
D&D 2into1 and 2 into2 race pipes make way more power i know i have both preds and d&d 2into1.The D&D 2into1 was worth 10 hp over preds on my bike.Preds are good pipes just not the best out there when it comes to hp.They do sound better.bubs ss tt and zards dont flow more you are wrong ,The d&d race pipes have bigger headers the 2into2 flows more then any in the full race but they are low to the ground and to load for street use on a built motor .

Bubs dont make the hp you think they do.ss tt make less then preds zard i cant say no test on them cause there not worth there price.Do some dyno testing then you will know for yourself.When your bike is makeing more then 89 honest rear wheel hp. THEN I WILL SAY YOU KNOW MORE THEN ME LOL.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
I have the Arrow 2-into-1 exhaust on my '08 T-100.
You said that you broke off the tab. Did you pull the circlip at the end of the cone? You have to pull the ring first. Get a pair of circlip pliers or take a thin pair of needle nose pliers and put it into either side of the circlip. Squeeze it to gather and take out the ring. Once you do, grab ahold of it with a pair of needle nose pliers and it will pull right out. Removal of the tab between the circlip lets you squeeze it to full compression. I have the same exhaust and it's the first thing I did. If it still won't come out simply get a small rubber mallet and tap the end of the small outlet to loosen it up. Voila, no DB Killer and a wonderful sound!

Do you really think that little kink is going to make a substantial impact on power or flow?
No, it won't. First of all it's a smooth flowing bend, not a divert. Maybe if it was further up the headpipe but not where it is. I got a question, on the right side of your frame you've got a small box attached. what is it? By the way, you can pull the baffles if you haven't removed your air box or snorkle without any jetting changes.

Hello Dave;
Both systems will suit your bike.
With the DB killer in or out on the Arrow, just curious.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I removed the baffles from my Arrow 2 into 2 on my Bonneville yesterday, and holy crap, what a sound! I like it better than Predators, and I never thought I'd say that. And no, it isn't because I own them and not Preds. The Preds just kill. They are deeper and thoatier than the Arrows, but the Arrows have a little of that raspy exotic sound that the D&Ds have too much of, IMO.

My bike sounded like a scooter before, even with TORs, and I had to get it more in line with my Ducati Paul Smart that has a full 2 into 1 Termi racing system on it. I couldn't be happier with the Arrows.

With the baffles in, it was bogging down badly and running way too rich. Took the baffles out, and there was the power I'd been missing. It is still too rich, but I have a feeling that once I get it dialed in, I should be making at least 70-75 hp (no airbox).

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just thought I'd revive this one from the grave to ask a question about the Arrows 2 into 2. What is the PURPOSE of that kink in the left-hand pipe. I've been searching the site and found countless comments about how it looks, effects on hp, etc., but I'm puzzled as to why it is there. Is it so the side stand or centre stand will fit, or is there some other reason? I'm guessing that someone who'se actually fitted it might know.

Ody

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought my Bonnie new - floor model. Traded it in two years ago for a Rocket.
I wanted the center stand, but they could not mount with the Arrow exhaust. I asked about putting the stock pipes back on, but they gave me a good deal on the floor model, did not want to have the labor to swap back the pipes.
I had saddles put on, and melted a hole before I wired the bags up out of the way.
I traded it at a closer dealership, and told them my Bonnie bumped 100mph a few times, and they seemed surprised, said I got all out of it that could be had.

Don't know about the kink.
I had mine powder coated.
I think I did get some extra hp out of it, but if I had it to do over, might have stayed with the stock pipes. I wanted the green/white, and that was the only one in driving distance (2+ hours).
I liked the different look it gave it. Tough call.
I was diappointed I could not put the center stand on it.

She's a nice bike, got stopped at gas stations with complaments a few times, for the looks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Isn't the kink for clearance for the side stand when it is up?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Isn't the kink for clearance for the side stand when it is up?
That's what I was wondering, but I imagine you're making an educated guess, just like me. I don't like it, but I could live with it if there was a good reason for it being there. As I said a couple of posts back, I suspect the people who can give a definitive answer are those who've actually fitted the pipes. If I don't find anyone who can answer here, I might post the same question in the Café forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts