Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of advice determining proper jetting on my 2008 carbed Scrambler. I think the previous owner had jet the bike with a Dyno jet kit as it has a multi-position needled with eclip and was jetted for the stock air box and air filter with an Arrow 2-1 with no baffle. The Arrow without the baffle is just too loud for me, and I've installed a modified baffle that's been drilled to allow for max exhaust flow.

My question goes out to anyone who has jetted their bikes this way, does and Arrow 2-1 with drilled baffle flow better than stock system or is it about the same given the stock airbox and filter?

·
Registered
671 Posts
On an EFI bike the map is changed for an Arrow 2 into 1 with just that one single change from stock, so it would follow that your carb bike would also need a change from the stock set-up.

There is no map change between baffle out or baffle in with or without any baffle mods......

I hope this helps a little.......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Boy Racer, interesting to find out that in terms of EFI remapping there is no difference between baffle in or baffle out. It leads me to suspect that regardless of baffle the Arrow 2-1 flows much better than stock exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts