Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought Stainless steel exhaust systems from Armour Motor Products (Bournemouth) Limited?

Good company? Products any good? Did they fit straight on?

Cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Running a stainless 2-1 with a stainless peashooter. On mine with a push-in head, found fitting the exhaust fiddly, seemed very tight, but may have been me. The silencer fitted straight on, but I would have preferred the clamping lug not to have been on the inside rubbing against the frame. I believe that using any other pipes rather than the 2-1, would give more clearance against the frame, or a silencer with a separate clamp, rather than built-in. Quality good, look nice, browns over time, but that comes off with solvol. Silencer sounds lovely. Mine needed a stud ( not mentioned or supplied - although the mounts were fitted ) to clamp the two halves together, otherwise as I found, it can shake itself out of the head. Afraid that's the only one of their products I've used. Would I got back to them again? Yes, but with this stainless system, it's going to be a long time before I need to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got one of there stainless mufflers and head pipe for my 46 Norton model 18. Good system and the quality far exceedes the Asian junk.

Cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got an Awmours mild steel/chrome exhaust for my '37 Norton 500 it's ok(?) but I seem to remember some problems with deliverey :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts