Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I live in Ottawa and we have one Triumph dealer in town. I'm planning on buying a Street Triple in spring of 2021 and would appreciate your feedback.
I've read on other forums that parts for bikes made in Europe (Triumph, BMW, Ducati) often have long lead times. Please advise if you have experienced delays in getting your bike fixed because dealer says their waiting for parts from overseas. I'm pretty sure Canadian Triumph dealers carry minimal stock as we are a small market. I would expect that Triumph US would carry much larger inventory but, I don't know if Canadian dealers can buy from Triumph US or whether they have to buy from UK. Your opinions greatly appreciated.
I don't want to buy a bike that sits a the dealer for weeks waiting for parts. Up to now, I've only owned Japanese bikes and availability of parts is rarely a problem

Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My experience is that The Canadian dealers do not trade with US Triumph , They rely on shipments from UK. I keep a few parts on hand such as cables, hoses etc as sometimes parts can take a while to arrive from the UK. I have a Rocket Touring, a Speedmaster + a T140 and live in PEI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts