Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strikes me that quiet a few of us once bitten by the 885 lump seem to aquire another...not necassarily the same ! I as most will know have me S3 and a Sprint Sport...I'm geared up to work on both and it's easier having two bikes basically the same to do so.

So this thread is dedicated to what you like in comparrison to your other bike, pics of them, what you've done to them and how and why you use them ;-)

Me first.....

Sprint...aka Shopping Trolley

As you can see this one if practical bike for me..Baglux/rack/tall screen/heated grips/chain oiler...even a turn signal alarm !!!

And of course the S3

Not going to say anymore as it's obvious what's going on here Lol

So interested to here about your other bikes and what's going down with them ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice idea for a thread!

Unfortunately, I haven't got a picture of the Sprint with me, but that's the sensible bike, complete with all 3 Givi panniers and tall screen.

The Daytona 1200 is kept for fun solo rides :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tigger, that's gorgeous. Very John Player Special-looking.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Tut :)

It was hand painted for me when it was only a few weeks old by a guy who works at Hinckley painting the Classic petrol tanks by hand. It made the factory works' magazine at the time, though the dealer was horrified!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Mot.

It's certainly a keeper (I've owned it for over 14 years now!)

Unfortunately, this one's only a scanned copy of a hard copy original, but it does show the paint job a bit more clearly:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have to admit to being bitten from the day I picked the Trident up. Had a Harley for 9 years and had to sell it (long story) and was without a bike for a year, couldn't afford another Harley and read about the dispatch company owner who had put 240K miles on a Trident that Triumph bought back from him. Looked into them, loved the look and once I felt that smooth triple power that was it. My Trident is a keeper (15 years now) took me around Spain in 99, no mobile phone or recovery membership and never missed a beat. It's seen off 3 Harleys and a Buell since. This spring I captured a Speed Triple and it'll probably be a keeper too. I've bored my mates over the years telling them how good a bike the 900's are for the money. A mate has got his original trophy back for the 4th time and says this time he's keeping her. I can see a day when all I'll have in the garage is Hinkley Triumphs. I took this pic of my speedy after a blast on the twisty's yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Tigger you need to ride that Daytona more :)
Having seen it in the flesh as it were it looks better than the photos.
I can't get photos to upload from my phone:(

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
575 Posts
I use this one anytime I want to have fun!

I really miss the Tiger but needed cash & selling the Speed Triple as not an option

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I only have one and a half T3's.

My '95 Speedie and a wrecked sprint that I bought from a guy I met through this forum. I presently have both engines open and am building the best of two engines. The wrecked engine is virtually mint except for a horrifying score up the front of the middle cyl. So I will soon have a virtually mint, 6-Speed Triple with a mended sprag. My gasket kit arrived just this week.

I don't think I'll be buying another T3, maybe not even another Trumpet.

I found The Kato.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
My turn seeing as I finally got around to posting up some shots of my new T3! :)

Still not entirely sure I haven't bought a lemon but the plan is this...... The Tiger, it'll be my practical bike and will have all the bits and pieces to make it look more utilitarian. I mounted a Givi top box off my Honda today so that says it all really. Any road here it is........

And as most of us know, here's the real reason I do anything with bikes....... my trusty speedy.

Obviously there is more to me buying the tiger than meets the eye! The plan is to sell my Honda and make enough to pay off the Tiger and get FCRs for the S3!!! Although I hear the Ohlin they did for the Tiger was pretty s*it hot!

Oh oh ...... and if you wanna see something REALLY cool here is my Speedy with the first Triumph ever made, I'm so chuffed I got this shot.

http://www.triumphrat.net/members/a...e6546-my-trumpet-and-the-first-ever-made.html

Well, that's me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I really like the Tiger and it looks to be in good nick, I think that the old steamer is nearly as good looking as the Mk1 speedy. In fact Im looking to chop my fazer in for a Tiger which says a lot as the Fazer is a fantastic bike but I just fancy a big trailee for a change and they dont come much bigger than steamers so that looks like a great bike silkie.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a '95 Trident 900 which I've had since new so we're sort of used to each other now. Had it so long it would seem rude and discourteous to sell it so I don't think I will! Riding it is like putting on a nice comfy pair of slippers - only more interesting. Bit of an antidote to its shed mate, a Daytona 955i Centennial though! Had that from new so I'd better not sell that either! May need a bigger shed tho'!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a '95 Trident 900 which I've had since new so we're sort of used to each other now. Had it so long it would seem rude and discourteous to sell it so I don't think I will! Riding it is like putting on a nice comfy pair of slippers - only more interesting. Bit of an antidote to its shed mate, a Daytona 955i Centennial though! Had that from new so I'd better not sell that either! May need a bigger shed tho'!
I like the Headlight Fairing/Screen and your Exhausts on the Trident. What make are they and were did you get them.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's my '96 Speedy and Daytona 1200 SE :) Power vs handling.... I prefer the Triple for fun times.

Sadly my 2nd Speedy is back to looking like this, though hopefully for the last time before final build up.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
<...>
Sadly my 2nd Speedy is back to looking like this, though hopefully for the last time before final build up.<...>
2nd, and 3rd, and 4th... If it was me, I'd want more motors and fewer tanks and swingarms. :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hehe, thankfully that is an older pic and I have indeed sold some of the parts on to go towards respraying/engine build up. :)

Though you can never have enough spares *hoarder mode*

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Though you can never have enough spares *hoarder mode*
That's only funny 'til you see my apartment!

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Lunepilot. The fairing on my Trident came from M & P/Busters Accessories and is a Gpz type replica thingy. The silencers came from Sprint Manufacturing but have been unavailable for a while now. They were originally a Norman Hyde design. S.M do a pair of chrome silencers for less than £200 (last time I looked) which sound really nice and look good as well (actually sound similar to original Meriden/Small Heath triples).
Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts