Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello NFG here. I currently ride a 2006 Sportster 883R. I love my bike. However I also like going on long runs and my Sporty does well but I don't. I'm really interested in either a Sprint or a Trophy and want to know how their reliability is? Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Also

The biggest sports bike magazine in Germany did a 50,000km test a couple of years ago with over 12 bikes including the 1050 Sprint and also the K1200S BMW.

This test in true German fashion included measuring all engine and gearbox tolerances in a full strip down afterwards.

The Triumph Sprint 1050 ST one the magazine test with less component wear than any other brand tested.

Nuff said.

If you do a search you will find the test in this forum.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Since you love your 883, you'd better not ride a Sprint. You might not ride your 883 again!:D Seriously, I haven't had mine that long but no problems and it's a very fun and versatile bike.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Except for normal services I haven't needed to put a spanner to mine. 40,000 Kms and counting.

Tri-oomph! is right though! :)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
As far as the Trophy goes, I know a few people with well over 100,000kms on them and they aren't anywhere near ready to trade them in yet.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Oh yes its quite true and more common than many people realise.

Go on.. you know you want to... just one little ride... no one will ever know... the 883 will still be there when you get back...

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it. Just one little ride...... Just start by running a finger over the tank as you walk past...... then maybe start it up........ it's just a triple....... nothing sounds like a triple....... we wont tell.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it. Just one little ride...... Just start by running a finger over the tank as you walk past...... then maybe start it up........ it's just a triple....... nothing sounds like a triple....... we wont tell.
Go ahead the first ride is free, honest we won't charge you for it, the bike won't hurt you, gas is even free, just try it once, just a little . But the next rides will cost you. :D

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Hello NFG here. I currently ride a 2006 Sportster 883R. I love my bike. However I also like going on long runs and my Sporty does well but I don't. I'm really interested in either a Sprint or a Trophy and want to know how their reliability is? Thanks
Terrible bikes, all of them, you shouldn't buy one... keep your harleys... LOL

JK really,

I love my sprint, the engines last for decades.

·
Registered
896 Posts
you`ve more chance of binning the bike than breaking it, or needing to put a spanner to it.
thats IF anyone can get you off it. As you won`t want to stop riding it, as the grin factor is HUGE!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have 55,000 miles on my '02 and the only thing I've replaced that wasn't a normal wear item is the starter clutch @ 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
From someone with two harleys...

in the garage (and that is where they have stayed since I purchased my Sprint!:D). Test ride a Sprint and my guess is you will fall in love with it. I traded bikes with my bro-in-law for a few days, he took my fat boy and I took his 03 Sprint. When I got home from my trip I was on the computer shopping. Found a deal on an 06 Sprint after about four weeks of looking and I am riding more now (even with the cold weather) than ever. I just wish I had ridden one ten years ago!

·
Registered
83 Posts
In August last year I did my own "iron-butt" ride from Michigan to Oklahoma 963mi. 14 hours total time with stops for fuel and the nice Oklahoma State Trooper, who, lucky for me, was also a Triumph rider.(95mph in a 75mph zone 1:00am with no traffic anywhere, and yes he let me off.) Anyway, I had no real discomfort other than being tired from being on the road so long. My '06 Sprint has been the best all-around bike I've ever owned! Ride it, you'll like it:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts