Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the rear brake calipers on a daytona 955 are the same as those on a 955 sprint or speed triple?
Mines f*cked and im having trouble sourcing a replacement.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The sprint caliper will mount on top and you will need the sprint rotor also...Then you will need to move the chain adjuster a full 180 degrees and when you do that it will lower your your bike about 1"...(seat height)..Something to think about...

·
Super Moderator
22,195 Posts
The S3 & Daytona are same

For Sprint you need caliper, bracket and rotor.

Kris9r said:
Then you will need to move the chain adjuster a full 180 degrees and when you do that it will lower your your bike about 1".
You don't HAVE to move the adjuster to change the eccentric position from axle above median to below - normal config is the same as the S3/Daytona, however you have the option to invert with the Sprint whereas not with the S3/Daytona; and if you do change the position of the eccentric, it would not be by 180 deg - maybe by 20 deg e.g going from +10 to -10

Unless you really want that capability to lower, then the simple option is just to get an S3 or Daytona caliper - even 1050 up to about 2010 is same.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I learned a lot from this guy and am very thankful to have this kind of knowlege so easy accessible for us...Decosse you amaze me...Thx...Daytripper sorry for the wrong info...I did the sprint mod to lower the my bike that's what I went on...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been unable to get a replacement but have found a company that does a total refurbishment including pistons/seals for £100. 2 week turnaround. Will report back with results if anyone is interested?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts