Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, usually the police just blink they're lights at me and i slow down, but i've been in two police chases in the past 24 hours and it's wierding me out. I know i know, it's squidly, but it's either lose my bike and license, or run. it started last night, i popped a little wheelie, not fast, like 20, and i didn't realize that the car in the distance coming towards me was an suv cop, i put the wheel down, and then out of no-where, no lights no sirens no nothing, he pulls infront of me into my lane going the wrong way, i jam on the breaks lock my rear, and at that point i just thought it was some idiot ***** on a cell phone pulling into a parking lot, but they stopped in the middle of the road sideways, as soon as his car went sideways i saw the police logos and then after he stopped his lights went on, now, usually i pull over if a cop puts his lights on and get's behind me, but this just peeved me, he wants to play rambo, peace. as soon as i saw his foot hit the ground i nailed it around the front of his suv and past his silly fat ass, and when i got to looking behind me before a bend in the road, he was still trying to k turn around. hit the onramp to 76 and bu-bye. then this morning on the way to work, one of those prison transport econoline guys tried to pull me over in heavy traffic, i guess for lane splitting, but i just kept going as he was honking and putting a huge commotion to get through 4 lanes of taxi's as i just glided to the front of the line. i dunno, seems like they got pissy all of a sudden. hope my plate isn't flagged or something.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Thats nuts, was he trying to kill ya! As far as the plate goes nobody can see mine when I put my fat arse on the saddle :-D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
what kind of protocol is that when a cop goes into oncoming traffic? that's putting a lot more danger in the mix than you possibly eating sh!t on a messed up landing.

be careful, they have meetings and once your marked, your marked.
you do have a pretty easy bike to profile. it's not one of the ba-jillion jap bikes out there.

and who knows, some officer with a giant chip on his shoulder may want to just run you over, or maybe one of us with a huge amount of sport bike angst built up.
watch out russ', ghost riding is a marked deck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. I witnessed Torrance, CA PD creatively end a motorcycle chase in an alley separating two businesses. He just ran the guy over. At that point the bike was completely blocked and stopped

After plastering the rider, he sauntered over to the guy who was laying on the ground writhin in pain and made a radio call before he saw me sitting in my car with my jaw on the ground. At that point he began moving a bit faster and got EMS on the way.

I guess the moral is if you get caught in Torrance, do so in public and hope somebody has a video camera.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't run from cops- but if they pulled into my lane and blocked traffic almost killing me, I'd probably take off too. F that!

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I was younger, dumber, and had a lot less to lose I'd loose cops all of the time. Having kids changes you but I remember it being a huge rush. I think it went back to when I was about 13 riding my CR125 around town getting cops to chase me. Be careful though, some of those guys watch a lot of TV and are apt to pull a Jim Rockford in front of you. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but police departments nationwide have been cracking down on squid behavior. And leading them on a chase is now one of the worst things you can do in certain cities! People in Atlanta, for one, are fed up with crotch rockets on the slabs, lane splitting, stunts, etc etc. But play nice and they still pretty much leave you alone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Call me crazy but I thought when someone was out to get you it was for no reason...they were just out to get someone and you were it. "It started out last night, I popped a little wheelie..." No excuse for the cops behavior but maybe if you were a little more careful when and where you "popped a little wheelie" you wouldn't attract unwanted attention. Sometimes people bring***** on themselves and in the process they get more than they asked for. Then they try to justify it by saying the punishment they receive doesn't fit their crime...it was just a "little wheelie." In all my years in the criminal justice system I think I saw fairness only once or twice. My feelings are when I get caught and unfairly punished I think about all the times I got away with something, which is way more than the number of times I got caught and unfairly punished. Chalk it up to experience and lay low for a while. Let someone else have the spotlight.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2006-12-08 17:23, cheapbastard wrote:
well, I've kept it a secret long enough jr. I'm an undercover philly cop, and I'm coming fer yer ass! :hammer: :razz:
i knew i shouldn't trust yellow belly speed triples,, you and rude are in cahootz to get me on video i'm sure of it. .

tight,,, when i'm out to get someone, it's usually for a reason, and yes it was a wheelie,, all i'm saying is that if your gonna try some rambo***** over some extra revenue for the city,, i'm gonna laugh at you

·
Registered
344 Posts
my guess is that next time they light you up you'll run...why not!...they won't catch you as long as you take a couple of preemtive measures...the way that most get pegged is by a photo of the tag via the on board camera...u might want to mount your tag on a hinge that will allow you to flip it out of camera shot the next time u hang one!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If a cop pulls out in front of a guy pulling a wheelie and thinks maiming or possibly killing someone is justified over a victimless crime, we need to seriously trim these dicxheads from the ranks of the police. I put that up there with shooting people who are getting their homes forcibly searched without notice just for suspicion of owning pot. I have to wonder if we're moving toward a police state in the USA since the Patriot Act...

If a cop tries ANYTHING dangerous to try and stop or possibly injure/kill me just for screwing around on the bike, I have NO intention of stopping so that a$$h0le can hop out and beat me with a club and call ME a criminal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
fcuk!! big balls mcgee. Running from the cops... hard core, great story though. Dunno if I would be brave (or crazy) enough to try it. Makes sense though considering the circumstances (and the outcome). Ride On!!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Heh, most people do it without thinking. They see the lights and their body takes over. Brain says, "oh hey, there is a cop behind us!" and the throttle hand says, "F-that! I'm outta here!"

·
Registered
969 Posts
Be careful if you're going to do that. I can't condone it, it's unsafe to run and if you get caught, you're screwed even if it's a day later. Lay low and maybe they'll forget about you.
Know of a guy tha tran from my best friend, my friend stopped chasing him after a short distance, the guy kept going another cop spotted him and tried to stop him, the guy went down at 100 mph and lost his legs. About a year later, he killed himself.
One of my favorite stories: I try to stop a truck for speeding, the driver does'nt stop he just keeps driving, not activley evading. No safety concerns so I keep following. Then he picks it up I was about to cancel when he pulls into a know sh!t bag house. Gets out and runs. Dog is called out and he is found hiding in a boat, Dog bites him on the leg twice, he fights the dog and the dog jumps out (sissy dog) So a tazer was used. He ended up getting a probe in the lip. Pisses himself while he's getting tazed. He's still in prison. Dont' run if your on parole.
The moral of these stories is. It's not worth it. IF you get caught you're screwed. yeah you might get away, they might get your plate and come and get you the next day. It sounds like the cop was unsafe, file a complaint, he endangered you almost caused you to crash. Not a reason to risk your life, bike, license and money. Be careful.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
on a side note, just to state something, when i do a wheelie, i know i'm putting myself at risk, but life wasn't given to us to fear. so here's my point, i can't afford to do track day's, if i could i would, and there's this road down by the airport that's notorious in philly for 4 wheeling and dirt bikes and stunt riders, go down there and then practice for 20 mins till the cops show up. all i'm saying is that if there were a free legal venue for me to have some fun in, i might not use all the public road for my entertainment. this sort of thing is almost synonymous sp? with the skateboarding issue in philly,,( not that i don't love gunning at them when they ***** up in the middle of the road.) keep taking away places that people use for entertainment and they will find others. i used to try to be somewhere in the middle of responsible aerostich bmw rider and gsxr no plate rider, but lately i'm not seeing the point in letting them get me down.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey triple, i was hopeing you would have some words for me, i take your oppinion to heart, to be honest i don't like the idea of being a runner, i try to be a law abideing citizen, but i guess on the bike i feel like it's my right to have a little fun in my life, concidering how much of a waste the other 40+hours a week are. i don't want to endup without a license, or without "freedom" (comeon drainbamage, give me something good about freedom here) i guess i just don't understand why the cops can't keep all the drunk retards with 40s and guns off my porch at 4 am, but seem to love to go after young white guys for smokin pot and speeding..,,i mean, catch a rapist every once in a while, just for fun, try it. not you triple, just the donutmunchers in philly. we've had over 400 gun murders in philly this year so far, with less than half of them resulting in charges, what about them?????

·
Registered
973 Posts
Since when do fuc8in corrections officers have a right to pull anyone over. I was a prison cop for 3 years, we were'nt cops at all, just guards, so how can one pull somebody over.

·
Registered
969 Posts
First off, I won't ever cite anyone for wheelying. I do it too much to cite people for it. I am extremely cautious of where i'll do one. There arn't any deserted roads near by here either, there is a mile lond road that a lot of bikers go to in Salt Lake. A friend of mine goes there all the time and when cops come, they mostly check license plates for stolen bikes. It's preferred, but there's always going to be someone that ruins it.

Be careful JR, don't want to see you end up in trouble or worse.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts